TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car Charger at Ashburn VA Walgreens - In progress

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by scaesare, May 20, 2013.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

The Walgreens on the corner of Belmont Ridge Rd. and Sycolin Rd. has what looks to be a SemaConnect ChargePro being installed. The sign above it says it's a Level 2 charger. Not sure when it will become operational.

A quick web search shows these may not be particularly cheap places to charge...

2. loganss

loganss Spaceman

I thought all Walgreens chargers were free.
    Has anyone come across Walgreens chargers that you'd have to pay for?

3. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

There's a charger at the Walgreens on Sycolin Rd in Leesburg (near Leesburg Airport) that has been in a non-operational state for months, not sure what the hold up is getting it going. I don't really get the point of a Level 2 charger at a Walgreens anyway, hard to get much useful charge in the relatively short amount of time one could kill shopping there. I guess it's good green PR?

4. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

I guess that, while not a place I'd like to spend several hours in, it's nice to know that if you are somewhere on the road and in need of some juice, you might find a Walgreens around.

Who knows, maybe it'll be near a place to grab a burger...