Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Charging (Owners of Blink Network) intends to Integrate Tesla Motors Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure anything related to CarCharging should be considered a good thing.

Personally I welcome more "quick" chargers with a Tesla plug but don't they need to focus on getting the Blink mess straightened out? Maybe they are signalling that they are going to just dump the legacy L2 (more like L1.5) network. I don't think that would be a terrible outcome. I hope their L3/quickcharge/DCFastChargers/whatever technology is better than the L2 stuff. These guys seem to be flailing around

However, as I have said many times before, there really is no rational business model with revenue from paid-for charging. Maybe their goal is to become the alternate "supercharger network" for all other EV makers. Even so, I wonder where the revenue comes from.

Personally I welcome more "quick" chargers with a Tesla plug but don't they need to focus on getting the Blink mess straightened out?
No kidding. They've got a ton of unreliable L2 stations and even less reliable CHAdeMO stations. And they're bleeding money like crazy while handing out executive bonuses like candy.

What CCG needs to do is to integrate Tesla charging stack technology into it's dual-plug QC stations so that two cars can charge at once instead of sequentially.

Fit this into existing QC enclosures that they have and then redesign the QC enclosure to bring the price way down.

The first manufacturer to bring a QC that can charge multiple cars at once to market will sell a ton of them. It would be really nice if it did't need 3 different plugs (CHAdeMO, CCS and Tesla) on it, though.

not sure if I'd even want to trust a blink charger with my Tesla, seriously, the network was built on one of the apparently most inefficient use of government funds I've seen. Even the L3 blinks, or maybe I should say especially, were so bad they often arrived broken before they were even installed. Basically, from reading a post a while ago on the issue on the My Nissan Leaf site, ecotality was supposed to sub contract out for the hardware with an existing manufacturer and instead decided they could gobble up more money if they started from scratch and manufactured the hardware themselves. huge boondoggle, IMHO, worthy of investigation, in any case, it's surely better for the new company to junk everything and start over.