TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car Cleaner, Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Homer, May 30, 2016.

1. Homer

Homer Member

Does anybody have a car cleaner they would recommend in Sydney? I need to get "The Homer" cleaned and I've run out of excuses to take her into Tesla for minor fixes and scam a free clean at the same time.

2. championi

championi Member

Yes, I would like to know too. Funny, I created a similar thread the other day trying to get some recommendations. Mobile car wash would be handy.

3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

I can't nominate a 'car washer' as all the mass car wash cafe's process is flawed, resulting in paint swirling at best.
    If you use one of theses services there is a trade off.
    I bought a pressure washer and a foam lance attachment and try and keep the car as clean as possible between washes. If the car gets dirtier I use the 2 bucket system.
    Yearly I have the car detailed and the Opti Coat topped up by Reflect Effect in Parramatta.

4. championi

championi Member

Thanks meloccom, my car cleaning attempts have been pretty bad in the past, gave up a long time ago. I just get impatient and rush towards the end. I do however have a pressure washer. I may try and give that a go in the interim until I find someone good.

5. Homer

Homer Member

We can't wash here. We are in a strata block of terraces with no wash bay and we're within 150m of the harbour so we aren't allowed to wash on the street (unless you live at #14 but then what the hell do rules mean to you...but I digress). So I was hoping for a recommendation on where I could take the car to be cleaned, other than a dreaded car wash cafe or underneath a Westfield...

6. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

I do much the same as Meloccom. Opticoat goes a very long way to making the process easier. There are one or two mobile applicators of the product who also offer detailing service and I would expect them to take more care of your finish on a regular detail than a car wash cafe.