Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Cover for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fwiw..
I’ve been using the HP also for about a year now, especially during the summer. I don’t put it on if the car is dirty. I mainly use it overnight. (During the day I park the car in an underground garage at work.)
Putting the cover on (and taking it off) is relatively straightforward— I unhook the back and front, then roll up towards the windshield, then unhook from the mirror and roll it up on the windshield. The mirror slot is exposed when stored, so it is just a matter of putting it on the mirror and reversing the process. I keep it in the trunk. I also have a cover that is flannel-like from the auto parts store, and that is joke to install and store - same size but storage is 4x the space.
My only complaint is spiders and bugs get under the cover and there’s some smearing on the windshield.
I would also prefer if the front wheel area was not mesh.

Ive been using a really nice car cover daily and I have a concern.

Somtimes as I approach the car, the fans kick in and start sucking in air through the intake, suckin in the car cover against the air int take. I notice the official tesla car covers have a special area that looks more breathable around the intake area.

Is my model 3 being ruined or is my air intake being overworked and potentially hurt by this?

I've had my Model 3 less than a week. It's super hot outside and I have no garage, so the car is baking in the sun all day long and the fan is turning on and off to protect the car.

The Tesla branded car cover looks like it would be too much hassle to put on and take off every single drive. I see a Covercraft one that looks easier to use, but I think I would have to modify it to make the charge port accessible. What are you guys using as an exterior car cover to protect from the heat?
Don’t put a car cover on your car. You have to insure there isn’t any debris and if you can’t guarantee that and you put a cover on the debris/dirt will get push around and mar your paint. I know it sucks not having a garage but it’s just something you gotta deal with. And even a car cover will still keep your car interior hot so I don’t really see the point of that.

Get ceramic tin, and get your car paint properly sealed and protected. Either diy ceramic tint every 2 yrs or waxing (every 6-9 months) are really what you should do.

And remove bird poop ASAP

Edit: oops old thread. Wonder if you shine a light on her paint if there are tons of micro scratches lol

Don't put a car cover on your car? I use mine daily, take off and put on multiple times a day. Works great.

Do what works best for you, just be smart about it.

Do you really put your cover every time you park your car?

Is it some kind of OCD, or just to do some workout to stay in shape?

If you really want to protect your painting, why not putting some wrap then?

Just because you're lazy doesn't mean everyone else is.
I never said that I don't use a car cover, I just don't use it outside to avoid to damage it:

img-1392749659-1508513796377.jpeg

Do you really put your cover every time you park your car?

Is it some kind of OCD, or just to do some workout to stay in shape?

Just because you're lazy doesn't mean everyone else is.

I never said that I don't use a car cover, I just don't use it outside to avoid to damage it:

????????

I don't know if you're trolling or trying to pick a fight, but you're talking to yourself here bud. Get a life.

I’ve been using the Tesla made model 3 cover for the past few years and am very happy with it. Perfect fit, vented, great materials and good light tan color for summer. The storage bag is small so it acts like a compression bag which is annoying for temporary home stowage, otherwise it’s a perfect product. I tend to keep my car clean and don’t use it if the car is dirty. I spot wash exterior of cover as needed and recently did a first industrial wash at laundromat for $10.