Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car damaged by another driver right before renewal time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't completely agree with this...if my car was damaged and it wasn't my fault, I certainly wouldn't want to be running around in a Petrol or Diesel car paying whatever the going rate is for fuel right now, vs charging at home for 7.5p a k/w or even charging it at work for free.
If the cost differential on fuel is such a big problem, calculate the difference and claim it back from the 3rd party.

That's absolutely not the established president, for example if you had an automatic ICE then it would be considered reasonable to require an automatic hire car, same logic with electric. It probably ought to have roughly the same range as well. It would be unreasonable for someone with a Fiesta to have a Lamborghini as a hire car.
An auto for an auto is fine, especially as for some they might only have an automatic license. Whether it's petrol, diesel or whatever else is irrelevant IMO.

You're right, a Fiesta driver shouldn't get a Lambo but I'd argue a Lambo driver shouldn't get one either, they can make do with a Fiesta. If you're ego is so fragile that you can't be seen to drive a Fiesta then you should pay the difference out of your own pocket - insurance shouldn't be there to stroke your ego.

If the cost differential on fuel is such a big problem, calculate the difference and claim it back from the 3rd party.

An auto for an auto is fine, especially as for some they might only have an automatic license. Whether it's petrol, diesel or whatever else is irrelevant IMO.

You're right, a Fiesta driver shouldn't get a Lambo but I'd argue a Lambo driver shouldn't get one either, they can make do with a Fiesta. If you're ego is so fragile that you can't be seen to drive a Fiesta then you should pay the difference out of your own pocket - insurance shouldn't be there to stroke your ego.

But why should you have to be inconvenienced? Why do I need to calculate anything and claim it back when, i'm perfectly entitled to just have an ev courtesy car....

I get where you are coming from but, I pay 1000's of pounds over years of my life to be allowed to drive my car. As much as insurance companies blame raising costs on a,b & c they are going to keep going up because they can. We have no choice as its a legal requirement.

So if the time comes and I'm unlucky enough to make a claim you can be damn sure I'm going to get my legitimate moneys worth and have as little hassle as possible during the process.

Because this entitlement of not having to be inconvenienced one bit is what makes my insurance premium get more expensive year on year.

Or to put it another way, why should I be inconvenienced by your want of having an EV?

Don't believe the hype....what makes our premiums go up year after year is greed by the insurance companies. You wanna cram yourself into a smart car for months while your Tesla is repaired, or pay around £100's more for your "fuel" and then still pay double the premiums the following year because you have now "had a claim" - you go ahead.

Its not for me.

The only genuine reason they have for screwing Tesla owners is how long they seem to wait for parts, with lots of reports of cars taking months to be repaired.

Rest of it is just profiteering.