Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car defaults to Low suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"low" suspension is standard and has been for the last 2 years. It is a setting put in place by tesla to mitigate acceleration shudder.

generally speaking, the lower your suspension, the smoother your ride is and increased efficiency anyways. little reason to drive in "standard" all the time and if you do need to raise for obstacles, the GPS will remember that setting.

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned about premature tire wear reported with the lower settings.
Reports of this seem to vary. There are plenty of other threads where people complain about the uneven wear in low and/or in Standard. There are also people who insist that the camber can't be adjusted and people who insist that their service center aligns for low which implies that it can to some degree (while my service center says they align for standard). Regardless of all that, to answer your question, there is a setting in suspension for lowering speed, and it is probably set to always in yours. Change that setting to a higher speed or never and you can keep it in Standard. There are pre-defined speed limits for Very High and High, so you can 't force it to stay in them above those speeds.

@Vulcan, don’t see an answer to your original question in the thread.

Click the car icon, then Suspension, and click Standard. Then for the automatic height speed setting, move the slider to Never. The car will then stay in Standard.

I personally think it looks better in Standard too (I hate lowered SUVs), but the shudder is too much for me so I’ve given up and gone with Low! But you can do it per the steps above.

• Helpful
Reactions: IRDoc
As above, easy to keep it at standard ride height within the settings. As for tyre wear, mine have worn evenly across the treads while set to "always low" over 12K miles (early 2018 MX) but you need to monitor your tyre wear as there have been inconsistencies reported. Factory default is now always low as you have discovered.