Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car doesn’t know driver is gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lately I have been noticing that my car doesn’t turn off after I’ve left. Dash is on and DRLs or headlights are also on after I have walked away. It does auto lock but the mirrors do not retract and everything else stays on. Unlocking and relocking the car with the remote or app does not help. Only remedy is to open and close the driver’s door. Unfortunately, if I had left and not noticed that the dash is still on and am out of sight I would not know this. Had a building security paged me once telling me my lights were on. From the app, it shows that the car is locked but no way to tell that everything else like the radio, lights are on.

Anyone else experienced this? I tried resetting the displays but did not help. Also, it does not happen consistently. I love the idea of simply walking away form the car and letting things shut off and lock but now I have to second guess and remember to peek inside to ensure the dash is off.