TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car doesn't stay in production status long

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mibaro2, Apr 3, 2014.

1. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

I have an April 22 delivery date for my Tesla 85. At the beginning of the week, it changed from Sourcing parts to "in production". Today, it said preparing for delivery.
    I wonder if preparing for delivery will take 3 weeks, or if I will get an early pick-up date. The last few weeks have been torture waiting for the car to be ready...it seems like forever. Can't wait to get rid of my ICE.

Michael

2. kizagjo

kizagjo Member

I have a delivery for Apr 16th (36068), and mine just changed to In Production on Tuesday, and it's still In Production. Might be because of different specifications?
    Mine is a red S85, tech package, pano roof, rear jump seats, winterization package....

3. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

TM usually shuts the factory down this week. First week of new quarter.

4. cwave1

cwave1 Member

Production typically takes about 3 - 4 days.

See my signature below for my timing through each of the steps. My actual delivery date ended up being almost 2 weeks ahead of what they originally told me. I think they are just very careful to not over promise.

5. kizagjo

kizagjo Member

Care to elaborate on this? why would they shutdown the factory 4 weeks a year?

also, my car status changed. Production complete! :D
    Now to wait until delivery... *tick tock...

6. Kbra

Kbra Member

I would speculate this is because they go full throtle to make those end of quarter goals and probably give people some time off to recover from the big push.

7. swrving

swrving Member

I was told by a couple of reps at the Lawrence Show room the first 1-2 weeks per quarter are reserved for overseas cars since the transportation takes longer, gets them there sooner so that they can be sold by end of the new quarter.