Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car door different color in app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an interesting first-world problem for you. Recently the image/avatar of the car shown in my Tesla app is displaying the driver's door as white and the rest of the car as black (the car is black).

Has anyone seen anything like this? Doesn't appear to affect functionality so I am not overly concerned but I just think it's a little strange.

Screenshot_2021-01-03-01-28-18-940_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg

Here's an interesting first-world problem for you. Recently the image/avatar of the car shown in my Tesla app is displaying the driver's door as white and the rest of the car as black (the car is black).

Has anyone seen anything like this? Doesn't appear to affect functionality so I am not overly concerned but I just think it's a little strange.

View attachment 623699

Looks like a glitch. Have you tried deleting the app, then downloading/logging in again?

Reactions: DavidB
Looks like a glitch. Have you tried deleting the app, then downloading/logging in again?

Possible. This is a fresh install on a new phone I just switched to. I don't recall if the problem presented itself in the app on my old phone before I switched. I can certainly try to delete/reinstall but it's not really bothering me too much ATM.

You have an update or some sort of notification in settings because of the red dot over the gear icon. Does that impact this problem, or is it unrelated?

Not related - I think :). Because this is a fresh install on a new phone as mentioned above, it's just showing me there are unread messages in my inbox.

I'm sure if you ask SC to fix the problem, they will replace the door to match the app..

:D

Off topic, but I'm very glad Tesla HPWC cables are designed to last. The failure rate for Apple charge cables is appalling.

Without starting a whole Apple vs. Android thing here I will say this. My entire family minus myself has iPhones and they need new cables on an almost weekly basis. I on the other hand have been using the same USB-C cable to charge my Android phone that I got in the box of my Nokia Lumia 950 XL which I purchased in 2015.

If Apple were really serious about saving on environmental waste, they should've made their cables better instead of removing the charging brick from their products but I digress.

Thank you everyone for the advice/suggestions.

Reactions: DerbyDave

View attachment 623699
The bodyshop put the wrong colour on 🤣