TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car door open @ Service Center

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Trevor B, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

I first thought they were working on it ... but the app shows the door open for the past 2+ days now (and since there no technicians working over the weekend, will remain that way until Monday)

Should I call and let them know? :)

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

No ..don’t micromanage the service center let them do their work if something happens to the car while it’s there they are responsible..service centers are busy these days ..and honestly if u didn’t have app you would never know what they are doing with car similar to how when u had an ICE ..once they start working on car they will Disable the remote access...will u than go to shop and watch them work on it ??:eek:

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Actually most service centers do work on Saturdays. Regardless, once the car is checked in the mobile access is supposed to be disabled— for this very reason, along with idiots thinking it’s funny to honk the horn, etc.

• Love x 1
  4. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Ok ... good to know they will disable access once they start working on it.

But I've received text messages that say "we are working on it".

Which means either they haven't started or forgot to disable access. Which one is it? ;)

5. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

The folks in SF told me while the SC is open, it is only for drop off. There are no techs working

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Turn satellite view on does your car show in parking lot or in building ..?

7. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

SF SC is all indoors, afaik

• Informative x 1
  8. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Was at Syosset NY Service Center last week and from what I could see, either lights were on or doors open on ALL cars being serviced. Didn't think anything of it. I didn't see any CO2 hoses under the door or exhaust fans though. Dangerous place

9. richrootes

richrootes Member

They may have the heat on to run down the battery - really depends on what it’s in for

10. sperkin

sperkin Member

Sometimes they need it cracked because not all the parts are in yet. My fruck was left open overnight. Mostly they also leave the door open so it doesn't auto lock and it's a pain to find the right key card to unlock the car.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

This makes sense ...