Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car door window seal moisture problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've known my cars to have temporary problems with moisture between the window and the car door -- as if the seal isn't working well -- after I roll down the window after it rains or after a car wash. This results in the unsightly streak of moisture on the window when you roll it back up. However, the problem typically goes away in a day or so. My car has had this moisture issue and streaking for almost a week now, and the car is parked in a garage at home and at work. Does anyone else have this problem? I am wondering if the seals are in need of a check.

Reactions: Gt1948
Hmm, like you said, after rain or car wash, if I roll the windows down and back up, there is some water on the outside of the glass. However, if the car stays dry for several hours, I won't see water again after rolling down the window and back up. It sounds like it could be a problem to me, but on the other hand, maybe if your car is not spending any significant amount of time outside after it has gotten wet, maybe it's just that the air around the car in your closed garage is not allowing the water to dry out?

It sounds like it could be a problem to me, but on the other hand, maybe if your car is not spending any significant amount of time outside after it has gotten wet, maybe it's just that the air around the car in your closed garage is not allowing the water to dry out?

That could be the case with my home garage, which is completely enclosed. However, my work garage is one of those that is wide open and exposed to the air -- just has a roof over it to protect it from direct sun and direct rain/snow. Plenty of ventilation. Chicago has been humid/rainy/snowy lately, but I drove my Honda around last night, rolled down the window a few times and then parked it in the same garage last night. Checked the Honda this morning -- dry.

I'll give the service center a call and see what's up.

Silicone spray to soak the bottom window seal seems to have helped my icing & sticking on my drivers door. I don't think it would hurt to give all the window seals a shot of the silicone. I've noticed no smudging of the glass or other issues. The rubber as installed just might be a bit too clean thus prone to 'surface migration'.
--

The usual restrictions apply, but can we really hide??

That could be the case with my home garage, which is completely enclosed. However, my work garage is one of those that is wide open and exposed to the air -- just has a roof over it to protect it from direct sun and direct rain/snow. Plenty of ventilation. Chicago has been humid/rainy/snowy lately, but I drove my Honda around last night, rolled down the window a few times and then parked it in the same garage last night. Checked the Honda this morning -- dry.

I'll give the service center a call and see what's up.

What was the final resolution on this?
I have the same issue.