Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car & Driver: The Mach E is simply better than the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rooting for Toyota? All they want to build is hybrids and hydrogen vehicles. As far as I am concerned until they switch their main focus to BEVs they don't deserve to survive.
I thought they had somewhat of a change of heart?

I'm all in support of these if they come true.

I don’t know in what realm of lunacy the Mach E would be accurately called better than the Y.

especially now with the full casting front and rear. Compare Munro tear downs. He is third party, beholden to no one. There is literally no comparison.

In fact he tried to find things to say nice about Mach E and I felt embarrassed for him.

I don’t know in what realm of lunacy the Mach E would be accurately called better than the Y.

especially now with the full casting front and rear. Compare Munro tear downs. He is third party, beholden to no one. There is literally no comparison.

In fact he tried to find things to say nice about Mach E and I felt embarrassed for him.
Ford forced Munro and Co. to say good things about Ford, they called Munro right after he started to lay out the truth about the Mach-E, and they have hijacked the show somewhat where you can see now Sandy's surrogates pushing Ford's PR in his name. Yes, I feel sorry for them too. Luckily, he was able to telegraph his thoughts in the now famous rant about the government and the ADAS-FSD systems.

Ford forced Munro and Co. to say good things about Ford, they called Munro right after he started to lay out the truth about the Mach-E, and they have hijacked the show somewhat where you can see now Sandy's surrogates pushing Ford's PR in his name. Yes, I feel sorry for them too. Luckily, he was able to telegraph his thoughts in the now famous rant about the government and the ADAS-FSD systems.
Ford has their tentacles all over the place. Sandy at least was willing to talk the truth when the could. Doug Demuro's review was pretty much a Ford ad. I quit watching him a while ago, but figured he'd be honest. Nope, he drank the koolaid too.

Reactions: alexgr
The problem is that on top of mainly cosmetic and rather-easy-to-fix issues, which I think can be forgivable if the car is great otherwise, the Mach-E seems to have major issues with the drive train, battery, and BMS. Customers who switched to the Mach-E from ICE are now disappointed and talk about going back to ICE because EVs are not ready for them based on their only experience with Ford. (similar $hit is happening with GM Bolt).
I think that is what potential buyers seem to overlook. If there were still any cosmetic issues with Tesla. I'll take panel gaps (if any) over drive train related issues. Imagine if you had a Mach E and you had the infamous Powertrain Malfunction.

"Phew crisis adverted, sure glad we didn't buy that pesky Tesla with the panel gaps." /s.

I wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere like Palmdale, CA where temps can rise to 115F .

Attachments

• B965E262-3880-4D77-B73C-B0828DFD2FDD.jpeg
    B965E262-3880-4D77-B73C-B0828DFD2FDD.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 62
I think that is what potential buyers seem to overlook. If there were still any cosmetic issues with Tesla. I'll take panel gaps (if any) over drive train related issues. Imagine if you had a Mach E and you had the infamous Powertrain Malfunction.

"Phew crisis adverted, sure glad we didn't buy that pesky Tesla with the panel gaps." /s.

I wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere like Palmdale, CA where temps can rise to 115F .
To be fair, Tesla motors fail too as Toyota, Honda, and GM engines do. However, the rate of failure of the Mach-E major components or software controlling them (which is not much different from the customer's perspective) AND the inability of Ford to quickly and adequately fix the problems is frighteningly alarming.

Reactions: Sixth and KidsEyeDr
And it doesn't help to recall Ford executives claiming how good and flawless the Mach-E will be while trashing the quality of Tesla in their official posts.
No, no it doesnt.

Honestly Mach-e early days I welcomed Fords eventual entrance to the EV market and on paper it looks a fine car.

But why *sugar* talk against tesla, the market is growing they have ample opportunity to sell to those people who have not bought a tesla, and we know its a Ford and it'll have issues, and we know it was rushed to market.

Is that amongst the MachE Ford fanboy members?
Yes.

If this was tesla they would have 88,000 dead cars from 2020 alone...

Reactions: Sixth and KidsEyeDr
No, no it doesnt.

Honestly Mach-e early days I welcomed Fords eventual entrance to the EV market and on paper it looks a fine car.

But why *sugar* talk against tesla, the market is growing they have ample opportunity to sell to those people who have not bought a tesla, and we know its a Ford and it'll have issues, and we know it was rushed to market.
For saying this you'd be booted from the MachEForum forum in 24h if not faster. :)