Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car & Driver: The Mach E is simply better than the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently dealers are charging for updates not labeled recalls. And lol and behold some are defending this behavior??

Roflmao.., it's so sad.

The 70mph+ Struggle bus got me today too. I could barely pass a vehicle going 80

What about the people around cities like Austin, TX where the speed limit is 85? You’d get run over in this thing

Just don't attempt to pass anyone in your GTPE. unless you have 30 seconds and 3 miles of clear road. It's not safe...80-100 is slower than my expedition.

Last edited:
Apparently dealers are charging for updates not labeled recalls. And lol and behold some are defending this behavior??

Roflmao.., it's so sad.
This is ridiculous. I don't understand though why isn't it a warranty-covered event of OTA update failure?

This is ridiculous. I don't understand though why isn't it a warranty-covered event of OTA update failure?
This ridonkulessness highlights the problem with the dealer network. Yea, they are updates, but not labeled recalls, so the dealer doesn't get paid. They're not OTA so owner has to go thru the dealer and the dealer wants to get paid to lift a finger and press update button. This is gonna be a clusterF in the future for the legacies who haven't sorted their support network out.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Since they aren't recalls the updates aren't done for free unless you can make a warranty claim. If they published the details of the updates you might be able to go through each one and open a service request stating that you are experiencing an issue from each update to get them covered by the warranty. (On a past ICE vehicle I went through all of the published TSBs near the end of the warranty and reviewed my car to see if it had any of the issues that I just hadn't noticed or thought would be covered. I got a few things fixed under warranty that I wouldn't have otherwise.)

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Errr… no you don’t
Errr then they changed it b/c when I was looking Errr you had to. smh
It was "promised" that it would change...I'll take your Errr word that it did.

They also had "required maintenance services" that felt too much like my ICE BMW at the time...YMMV

Last edited:
Errr then they changed it b/c when I was looking Errr you had to. smh
It was "promised" that it would change...I'll take your Errr word that it did.

They also had "required maintenance services" that felt too much like my ICE BMW at the time...YMMV

Except you don’t on the new cars with iDrive 7 or later and you never had to go to the dealers to get an OTA update on those cars. They have OTA updates released every 4 months. But you keep on peddling incorrect information if that makes you happy.
Could be as simple as difference in services between UK and US?

Honestly have no idea. But I also don’t think anyone is being purposely dishonest about their experience. What would be the point? Yes, I’m naive too.

Except you don’t on the new cars with iDrive 7 or later and you never had to go to the dealers to get an OTA update on those cars. They have OTA updates released every 4 months. But you keep on peddling incorrect information if that makes you happy.
Can't we just all agree that BMW sucks no matter how their OTA works? If you have $$$ and hate T, get an EQS because BMW sucks and I would suggest Elon buys BMW and closes the brand. They are just a fascist motorbike company afterall.

живе вільна Україна​