Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car & Driver: The Mach E is simply better than the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps Ford sacked him
Ya know... given the history of corporate shills, it wouldn't surprise me. Funny as fact, Intel ended up officially hiring their number 1 shill and named him Chief Performance Strategist. Wth is a CPS? He makes the BS graphs that Intel uses to mislead consumers into thinking whatever narrative Intel is pushing. :p

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
the Ford PUP is only for 6 weeks.
Twitter's 84 hour work-week mandate is applicable until all original employees are extinguished.
But likely same result at Ford. Go on PUP, work like a dog for 6 weeks, and show improved performance. But you still lose your job because you obviously weren't working hard enough previously so you are out of here, slacker. Mgmt logic!

Ya know... given the history of corporate shills, it wouldn't surprise me. Funny as fact, Intel ended up officially hiring their number 1 shill and named him Chief Performance Strategist. Wth is a CPS? He makes the BS graphs that Intel uses to mislead consumers into thinking whatever narrative Intel is pushing. :p

Won't make up for TSMC crushing Intel's 'fab superiority'. Which ended over 2 decades ago.

Charging at home is what many people do, but most people occasionally drive much further. And by me, Superchargers are pretty busy on weekend mornings with people topping off before heading to the nearby shopping, soccer games, etc. They pop into the Supercharger and run over to co-located Starbucks while waiting the few minutes to charge. The convenience wins out over saving by charging at home.

How is charging at a Supercharger more "convenient" than charging at home?

I come home, get out of the vehicle, plug it in, then in the morning I'm ready for the next day. I'd have to drive to an SC ... and then wait

How is charging at a Supercharger more "convenient" than charging at home?

I come home, get out of the vehicle, plug it in, then in the morning I'm ready for the next day. I'd have to drive to an SC ... and then wait

some SC locations are "local" and have shopping etc so no real wait (if anything I have to hurry and go back). I agree about convenience though

People often seem to conflate looks with whether a vehicle is 'good' or not. I consider my 3 good as it hasn't given me any issues that I would consider major in the last 20k miles (knock on wood). Every now and then there might be a very minor software glitch that may require a soft reset but that's probably 2 or at most 3 times a year. And PAAK is literally bullet proof. Since the Y and the 3 are cousins, I would expect it to have similar reliability.

Compare that to the Mach-E where they can break before leaving the dealership requiring days or weeks of repair. And I could name at least 5-10 annoying to serious issues that affect pretty much the majority of them. It's bad.

Reactions: DrGriz
People often seem to conflate looks with whether a vehicle is 'good' or not. I consider my 3 good as it hasn't given me any issues that I would consider major in the last 20k miles (knock on wood). Every now and then there might be a very minor software glitch that may require a soft reset but that's probably 2 or at most 3 times a year. And PAAK is literally bullet proof. Since the Y and the 3 are cousins, I would expect it to have similar reliability.

Compare that to the Mach-E where they can break before leaving the dealership requiring days or weeks of repair. And I could name at least 5-10 annoying to serious issues that affect pretty much the majority of them. It's bad.
the Mach-E high voltage junction box issue, which bricks the car, is a total deal-breaker.
Tesla is a far more mature product in all respects. No other maker is close. others will get there, but....when?

software is an afterthought or subcontracted for most car companies, yet an EV is a PC with tires. The software is fundamental.

charging infrastructure is an afterthought for most EV companies, they expect "it will just be there".
Tesla had to develop it for themselves to solve the chicken/egg conundrum. So again, a major differentiator.
true even after Tesla opens their network to others (which they will, when Biden's boys pay Tesla to do it)(Elon won't if they don't)

If Ford just called it the Mach E then I would have no problem with it’s bland styling. But calling it a Mustang is a rallying cry to anyone with the vaguest appreciation of automobile history...and they insulted the memory (and I’m not a Mustang guy)

Some of you might remember (late '80s) when the Probe was slated to be the 'new' Mustang. Ugh.