Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car & Driver: The Mach E is simply better than the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on some other things I saw - though admittedly looked at only quickly - it seems that the Mach E 'stop safely' problem is indeed hardware and that any software fix will just be a temporary one to try to minimize the problem until they get the hardware sorted out. I heard also that they are stopping deliveries, with no immediate prospect of restarting and that a solution is not expected until Q3. Not a good situation for Ford (or for the reputation of EVs generally). As I suggested previously, Ford rushed the Mach E.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Who didn't see this coming a mile away? This is how Ford does things. According to what I read on the forums, this problem was being addressed by changing out hardware (HVJB), so I'm not sure how software is supposed to solve it. This article seems to indicate that as well (sorry if this link was posted before). I also don't believe the 50% number. I truly believe ALL are affected.

UPDATE: Ford Halts Mustang Mach-E Deliveries: Recall Remedy Expected Next Month (insideevs.com)

And their OTA functionality is nothing less than sad, so this is going to be comical to watch. Tesla had issues too, but they were a start-up. Ford had the money and the other EVs already built to learn from, so this isn't anything like Tesla. This is much worse, IMO.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Who didn't see this coming a mile away? This is how Ford does things. According to what I read on the forums, this problem was being addressed by changing out hardware (HVJB), so I'm not sure how software is supposed to solve this. This article seems to indicate that as well (sorry if this link was posted before). I also don't believe the 50% number. I truly believe ALL are affected.

UPDATE: Ford Halts Mustang Mach-E Deliveries: Recall Remedy Expected Next Month (insideevs.com)

And their OTA functionality is nothing less than sad, so this is going to be comical to watch. Tesla had issues too, but they were a start-up. Ford had the money and the other EVs already built to learn from, so this isn't anything like Tesla. This is much, much worse.
There's a thread on there where a guy was in process of taking delivery of his mache, and the dealer put a hold on it since the recall. All sales are put on hold so the poor guy just is stuck in limbo. Talk about being screwed!