Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car drives different since holiday update. You guys notice anything?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed it on the first drive since the holiday update. Maybe I was just imagining things... Now that I put some miles on it, I definitely notice changes in car dynamics. It’s somehow more refined and smoother. Initially, I missed the abrupt acceleration and regen, but more I drive it more I like it. I know it’s impossible but even the suspension feels less like it’s crashing over imperfections??!! It feels like a different car now.

I did notice that when driving at 50 or 60mph and i wanted to floor it, i no longer get pushed back into my seat and it's a more gradual increase in speed. Like i was able to floor the accelerator pedal all the way down (never even attempted to do that before).

Reactions: Zer0Her0
I want to say with the update there is less jerky reaction on my Y with acceleration and regen (in Chill mode). I haven’t tried yet in Standard acceleration mode. Aside from that here’s the quirks I have in my vehicle running 2021.44.25.2:

• On the driving screen with the visualizations I now notice a very faint and persistent oval shape on the bottom where notifications usually appear and in front of my vehicle object on the screen a very faint circle. It’s almost like screen burn in. I never had this prior to the holiday update. I attached a picture if you can make it out.
  • While Streaming music I am noticing speed compensation volume on the sound system. When I travel at slow speed or decelerating the volume slightly dips and accelerating and going over like 50 mph the volume increases. I see no where in the settings about disabling this and again, I definitely didn’t have this prior to the update.
  • When hitting the Streaming app, it opens full screen and I have to drag it down to MiniPlayer mode every time. Also, there used to be 3 sizes of the music browser- mini/minimal, halfway, and full screen. With the update the halfway view is gone.

Attachments

• 2E8A3C3C-A2D4-44BD-8875-D6DA0FC5EEB5.jpeg
    2E8A3C3C-A2D4-44BD-8875-D6DA0FC5EEB5.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 131