Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car drives different since holiday update. You guys notice anything?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is like people commenting how their ICE car runs better after getting a car wash and clean interior detailed. People swear by it too especially after a salt coated winter.

V11 may have some tweaks in how the motors are controlled but I haven't heard anything definitive on it yet.
Getting an underbody car wash after a salt coated winter doesn’t help a car? Idk all the gunk in any moving component being washed away seems like it would improve drivability in terms of less friction. But a software update making the car with static suspension ride softer and crash over bumps less seems like v11 hypnosis.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mike_TV
I am not sure if I am imagining it but it seems to me that the regenerative braking is weaker since the update. I know others mentioned it feels like it is a stronger regen but, to me, I feel I am needing brakes more than the recent past. Again, pure anecdotal and could be in my head.

Reactions: Lonewulf45
I am not sure if I am imagining it but it seems to me that the regenerative braking is weaker since the update. I know others mentioned it feels like it is a stronger regen but, to me, I feel I am needing brakes more than the recent past. Again, pure anecdotal and could be in my head.
Comparing apples to apples? Regen is weaker if too cold or battery level is very high. Same battery level and temps in your comparison?

Reactions: alexcue
I haven't noticed a difference in driving dynamics, but I HAVE noticed a huge difference in range. Huge. I think they're finally fessing up that they're no way anyone was getting 326 miles in the real world. The range estimated was so drastically different that I used chill mode for the first time. Bleh.

It's winter.... a colder battery, less regen. You really have to get and OBD reader to follow maxregen to find out how it is changing.

Comparing apples to apples? Regen is weaker if too cold or battery level is very high. Same battery level and temps in your comparison?
Agree... anyone making guesses without 'scanmytesla' data about maxregen is really just doing that, guessing, not answering questions. My regen is exactly the same after update, but- the battery does NOT warm up as much with preconditioning.

I am pretty sure something has changed regen-wise. I would agree that it seems weaker. The road passing by my Condo is a 50kph zone, so I am always on Cruise to avoid the over-zealous cops on this road. I have learned exactly where to flick Cruise off so that I can turn into my parking lot. Today the car would have missed it and I had to use the brakes to avoid an overshoot. It's warmer today than yesterday. Sadly not scientific, but I also feel that something has changed. I will pay more attention to it in future.

Not directly related to the vehicle driving dynamics, but I’ve noticed the navigation has had more issues keeping up since the update. I’ll be driving and sometimes it might freeze altogether, or the time remaining may not update as I go. In the latter example, the car will continue to tell me directions based on where I am, but will not have an updated time remaining (until I cancel out of the navigation and select the destination again). I’ve also noticed that the car’s automatically navigating me to calendar events that ended a little while back…