Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car dropped to offline & has SOS error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this happen before? Since I've had it my car has always slept quickly (less than 15 mins) when locked & stayed asleep unless I do something with the app. I went for a drive this morning, and since then the car has been waking up randomly all day, then finally dropped offline completely a few hours ago. It's never gone offline since I've had it. It's at home, with sentry turned off.

1650057101286.png

The API also missed the first section of my drive this morning, but oddly TeslaFi and TeslaMate picked up at different points, 20 minutes apart. Neither of them captured from the start of the drive, despite the car being online while I was loading it for an hour before setting off. Seems like the car's connectivity is having some trouble.

I just moved the car up & down the drive a bit to wake it up & now it has 2 errors I've never seen before, which persist after a 2-button reboot:

1650057000871.png

The USB was working fine this morning, it's a 256Gb stick I've been using with no issues since I got the car.

I updated to 2022.8.2.5 on Tuesday but this morning was the first time I've driven it since. I guess I'll leave it overnight to see if it manages to sleep & sort itself out.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Since I've had it my car has always slept quickly (less than 15 mins) when locked & stayed asleep unless I do something with the app. I went for a drive this morning, and since then the car has been waking up randomly all day, then finally dropped offline completely a few hours ago. It's never gone offline since I've had it. It's at home, with sentry turned off.

View attachment 794056

The API also missed the first section of my drive this morning, but oddly TeslaFi and TeslaMate picked up at different points, 20 minutes apart. Neither of them captured from the start of the drive, despite the car being online while I was loading it for an hour before setting off. Seems like the car's connectivity is having some trouble.

I just moved the car up & down the drive a bit to wake it up & now it has 2 errors I've never seen before, which persist after a 2-button reboot:

View attachment 794054

The USB was working fine this morning, it's a 256Gb stick I've been using with no issues since I got the car.

I updated to 2022.8.2.5 on Tuesday but this morning was the first time I've driven it since. I guess I'll leave it overnight to see if it manages to sleep & sort itself out.
I had something similar with the car being offline for a few hours today and also the eCall notification. I wonder whether there has been a wider issue with connections to the Tesla ssrver(s).

In the end I tried a hard reboot which restored the online connection so that I could see the location and state of charge in the Tesla app. However the eCall error persists.