Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car events don't like EVs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was bored on a Saturday night and had a look at a car show in Geelong. They have a "Supercar" Category so I thought, for shits and giggles, I would take a look at what was a 'supercar' by their definition.

Here it is:

Shannons Super Car Display - Geelong Revival Motoring Festival

Considering every Tesla from M3P up can run rings around a significant amount of these cars (and yes I get why a Rolls Royce might be considered a supercar despite not being rediculously fast), why are there no Teslas at all permitted to enter?

So I was bored on a Saturday night and had a look at a car show in Geelong. They have a "Supercar" Category so I thought, for shits and giggles, I would take a look at what was a 'supercar' by their definition.

Here it is:

Shannons Super Car Display - Geelong Revival Motoring Festival

Considering every Tesla from M3P up can run rings around a significant amount of these cars (and yes I get why a Rolls Royce might be considered a supercar despite not being rediculously fast), why are there no Teslas at all permitted to enter?
They are a total lot of dickheads. I tried to provide feedback but their form wouldn't accept it.

I think it depend upon the organisers. That one looks quite specific and excludes many cars that would add to the event. When the TOCA members were in Bathurst recently there was a local car show and they invited us to park amongst the exhibiting vehicles. In Addition the All American Car show held is Sydney by the Mustang Owners Club welcomed us with open arms. Hope there will be a bunch of Model 3’s there this year. All American Car Day