Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Factory reset itself yesterday!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you can tap the globe 🌎 icon to manually switch between satellite and normal map but it supposed to switch automatically when the car switches to night/day mode.
Yeah, exactly. I can Manually switch it, but before the factory reset, it used to do it automatically at night.

Ok, thanks! Just wanted to make sure I was not missing something obvious.

It sounds like all those who have experienced this phenomenon were driving when they initiated the two-button reset. Has anyone had a factory reset when rebooting parked, not on the road? I'm wondering if the reboot is somehow conflicting with the computer actively managing driving parameters, resulting in the reset. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it, just wondering if it may be a common factor.

It sounds like all those who have experienced this phenomenon were driving when they initiated the two-button reset. Has anyone had a factory reset when rebooting parked, not on the road? I'm wondering if the reboot is somehow conflicting with the computer actively managing driving parameters, resulting in the reset. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it, just wondering if it may be a common factor.
I was parked.

My car rebooted while driving (about 3 days ago). Screen just went black and after 2-4 minutes came back on. Nothing lost, but never had car reboot while driving. Had a few moments with no way to know how fast I was driving. Very odd it just did it all by itself.