TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car going to SC for AC issue

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SSonnentag, Jun 5, 2018.

1. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Supporting Member

My car is 6 months old now and has always had an intermittent problem where the AC will stop blowing cold air for several minutes before resuming again. It happened on my way home from work yesterday at 109 degrees F, and again during lunch today. So I have scheduled a visit to the service center. Hopefully it will be a simple fix.

Other issues to address:
    • Passenger window groans and creaks when lowered/raised.
    • Plastic piece hanging down underneath the passenger side of the car near rocker panel.
    • Shuddering under moderate to hard acceleration. (I've read all the threads, but want this noted in Tesla's system in case a fix becomes available.)

15,500 miles so far.

2. jddssc121

jddssc121 Member

My blind guess is an issue with the climate control intake actuator

3. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Supporting Member

UPDATE:

I just got my 2017 S100D back from the shop yesterday. See the image below for what was done.

[​IMG]

I was told that there were intermittent communication errors between the air suspension and the AC. Since there was an updated harness, I would think this is a known problem.

4. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

15500 miles in 6 months?

5. Zeromus-X

Zeromus-X Member

I don't think that's too unusual around here. I passed my 50,000 mile mark at month 19.

6. ghouston87

ghouston87 Member

I just had my 2017 MS in for service this week for a similar issue. The A/C would be blowing, but no matter what speed i set it to, the air flow did not change. It made noise as if the A/C was blowing harder when I raised it but actual air flow was the same. Called Tesla support, they ran diagnostics and determined i needed to have an "actuator" or something like that replaced.

7. alwaysru

alwaysru Supporting Member

My AC started intermittently working a couple of months ago as well, and they replaced some sensor due to an implausible sensor reading. Started happening again last week, and I’m going in for service to finally get my adaptive headlights this week, so I’ll see if they have any ideas this time.

Attached Files: