Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car handles like it's on rails!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
I used to think that my Z/51 Corvette tracked like a go-kart, then this thing comes along. I guess the dual motor LR version has a few added bits like anti sway bars. What never ceases to impress me is how mere lane changes, continuously show me how responsive the suspension is. I suspect the 19's being a bit wider might have a role in this, bit to be fair, my winter set of 18's also felt extremely confident. And I'm still in "Chill" mode!

IMG_1079.jpeg

I find it handles just as well with AB in Sport Mode. Lots of fun!!
I'll bet it does! I'm a chicken$h!t even in Standard mode. My Vette was Fast, but this is so quick, I've had two Chevrolet Volts (Gen 1 & 2) but this is still "next level".
The steering used to be fun until 2022.12.3 ruined it
I'm on 2022.12.3.2 and have not found a difference. Maybe it's a Canuck" thing?

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
I used to think that my Z/51 Corvette tracked like a go-kart, then this thing comes along. I guess the dual motor LR version has a few added bits like anti sway bars. What never ceases to impress me is how mere lane changes, continuously show me how responsive the suspension is. I suspect the 19's being a bit wider might have a role in this, bit to be fair, my winter set of 18's also felt extremely confident. And I'm still in "Chill" mode!

View attachment 808719
Hit up www.mountainpassperformance.com and browse the suspension section. Alternatively, www.redwoodmotorsports.com will also show you some nice goodies

Your wallet will hate you for it, but you will absolutely love the transformation m

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Hit up www.mountainpassperformance.com and browse the suspension section. Alternatively, www.redwoodmotorsports.com will also show you some nice goodies

Your wallet will hate you for it, but you will absolutely love the transformation m
Nah. Thank you but I’ve read so many horror stories of Tesla denying service on suspension, etc.

My modding daze [sic] are over. I had dropped over $20K on my Vette in the time I had it for 10 yrs. Now I’m hitting 70 this year. Just like it the way it is.

What you're experiencing right now in the honeymoon phase of owning the car is what inspired us to start making parts for it. It is so obvious that it is a great platform and the low CG makes it feel 1000lb lighter in your hands.
With respect, at my age, I'm way past "honeymooning". I'm more in the Jackie Gleason phase of "how sweet it is". At 70, I just can't be bothered. My tracking days are won and done. So I prefer to have the "one throat to choke" when stuff goes wrong (read the manufacturer.

My Corvette at the time, was an entirely different matter. And while I see and truly believe that the sorts car market is tending towards full EV, I'll leave that for the younglings, LOL.

Reactions: tm1v2 and TunaBug

View attachment 808719

Glad you love it! In this shot, the silver wheels almost look white which I like quite a bit.

I'm curious what you'll think when it's not in chill mode. Keep us updated.

Glad you love it! In this shot, the silver wheels almost look white which I like quite a bit.

I'm curious what you'll think when it's not in chill mode. Keep us updated.
I hit the Standard mode every now and then, when someone pisses me off. The acceleration is intoxicating. Just gotta remain extra vigilant of the surroundings. Things could go wrong way too easily, not by the car’s fault, but mine.

You said it!

Please revert the change, Tesla. Pretty please.
@squareblock Please file a service request asking your local SC to escalate to engineering. Make it clear you're not asking them to look at you car, there's nothing charged mechanically, it was a SW update.

Maybe, just maybe, if enough complaints get through to the right team they'll revert/fix the steering change.

Hrmmm I never quite had that feeling going from a 14 C7, the Tesla is decent for it’s weight (much better now on a bunch of MPP parts) but the C7 would have run circles around it in lateral grip.

But it’s awesome you’re enjoying it, it’s a great car.

Hrmmm I never quite had that feeling going from a 14 C7, the Tesla is decent for it’s weight (much better now on a bunch of MPP parts) but the C7 would have run circles around it in lateral grip.

While I had tracked my C6 many times, it is not something I ever intend to do with my M3. I do however find that just merging in traffic and taking ramps, are done with such surefootedness. That CG is so low and the sway bars and 19’s help a fair bit. But again, different purpose built vehicles. Must be my old age kicking in, LOL.

Seriously my c7 took freeway on/off ramps easily 10-15 mph faster with more confidence. Guess I’ll just have to start modding.