Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car "hijacks" phone audio while I'm at home.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think your car should be doing that. I’d guess try the normal reboot by holding in both the buttons on the wheel. If it’s still doing it, probably call Tesla.

I think he should try auto lock like most people do first before dealing with Tesla. This is also probably one of those issues that if you did talk to 5 Tesla Techs you’d probably get 5 explanations.

Reactions: McQ14
It’s very frustrating why all the “stuff” has to be “on” any time the car is awake. It’s why things like Sentry Mode are so expensive.
It’s very odd that there isn’t better granular control over what needs to be on when. But it is what it is right now.
I'm not sure if this can help or contribute to this thread, but one of my concern is to leave my car for few weeks at an airport especially in winter.

I believe that the Model S provides a 'Sleep' mode reducing the energy consumption,
and also a 'Camping' mode allowing to lock the car but still be able to use the reading lights and keep the heater and AC on.

I don't see too much equivalent with the Model 3.
I only noticed the 'Allow Mobile Access' and 'Data Sharing' features, but I don't know how much those could save energy.

I think he should try auto lock like most people do first before dealing with Tesla. This is also probably one of those issues that if you did talk to 5 Tesla Techs you’d probably get 5 explanations.

Yes, this is what I’m going to try first. Although a reboot (soft) certainly can’t hurt either.

And yep, talk to five techs, get five explanations is exactly what has been happening with my car and a different issue of terrible Tesla Cam video quality. The entire time I’ve owned the car, since last November. Bad video, pixelated video, corrupted video, backup camera screen going black. And I’ve literally gotten exactly five different explanations. And Tesla even put a new computer in my car, saying that would fix it. Nope. Still there. But that’s a different thread/issue. Just had to laugh when I saw your comment though because it is so true.

I'm not sure if this can help or contribute to this thread, but one of my concern is to leave my car for few weeks at an airport especially in winter.

I believe that the Model S provides a 'Sleep' mode reducing the energy consumption,
and also a 'Camping' mode allowing to lock the car but still be able to use the reading lights and keep the heater and AC on.

I don't see too much equivalent with the Model 3.
I only noticed the 'Allow Mobile Access' and 'Data Sharing' features, but I don't know how much those could save energy.

If you have cabin overheat protection off and Sentry off Model 3 should only lose around 2 miles a day. If you require either or both cabin over heat and sentry then it may not last a couple weeks. If you want those features for weeks you’d want to be plugged in. And if the car did offer a super sleep option I suspect Sentry and cabin overheat would be disabled. So a super “sleep” option doesn’t change anything regarding your couple weeks at an airport example.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
@McQ14 - I think the reason so many people are focused on the lock situation is that your locking "habits" are different than the majority. So, you're experiencing an issue in/around/adjacent to this difference and so they are naturally poking at this.

I think he should try auto lock like most people do first before dealing with Tesla.
Yes, this is what I’m going to try first. Although a reboot (soft) certainly can’t hurt either.
Good. This is easy to try, and no matter the outcome, you will have your answer. If it still occurs, then something is wrong with your car. If it doesn't occur, then you know it's because you don't use walk-away lock or simply that you don't lock the car. At that point, it's up to Tesla to decide if it's a bug or a feature.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up and McQ14
@McQ14 - I think the reason so many people are focused on the lock situation is that your locking "habits" are different than the majority. So, you're experiencing an issue in/around/adjacent to this difference and so they are naturally poking at this.

Good. This is easy to try, and no matter the outcome, you will have your answer. If it still occurs, then something is wrong with your car. If it doesn't occur, then you know it's because you don't use walk-away lock or simply that you don't lock the car. At that point, it's up to Tesla to decide if it's a bug or a feature.

Yes, I suppose that's why. Good point. Time will tell if the lock on walk away, which is now set, will make it stop.

If you have cabin overheat protection off and Sentry off Model 3 should only lose around 2 miles a day. If you require either or both cabin over heat and sentry then it may not last a couple weeks. If you want those features for weeks you’d want to be plugged in. And if the car did offer a super sleep option I suspect Sentry and cabin overheat would be disabled. So a super “sleep” option doesn’t change anything regarding your couple weeks at an airport example.
Is there anything special to do then when you need to leave your car unplug for several weeks?

Is there anything special to do then when you need to leave your car unplug for several weeks?

Every situation is different. If everything is off (Sentry and Cabin Protection). Is it in a garage or in the sun. You might get away with cabin protection but no ac. Also I would use windshield screen.

I’d hate to leave my car at the airport for weeks. I’d hire an Uber or Limo and keep the car at home personally.