Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Idle & Not Sleeping with TeslaFI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last 30 days for me, since I turned off the overheat protection it stays asleep a lot longer :)

53CC01F2-0EA6-41F2-91AE-D1481C95F280.jpeg

Bit more potentially unusual behaviour through the night.

car went to sleep at midnight bang on, woke at 0141

then from 0141 to bang on 0600, it’s in IDLE

not sure what I’m doing wrong here, shouldn’t it be asleep? Sleep Mode is enabled, Deep Sleep Mode is enabled yet its gone to sleep for just over hour and half then Idle throughout the whole night until 6am.

is this standard behaviour? I’m new to this TeslaFI so that’s why I’m asking.

strange thing is, car reports no loss at all on the battery whilst Idle for the whole night

Nothing you have said makes me think anything unusual going on. The car is a living machine, it will do what it thinks it needs to keep it in a healthy state and in communication with various things such as mother. It sounds like your TeslaFi settings should allow the car to sleep - so long as you see in the logs that the car is at times either alseep or regularly trying to sleep, then something else is keeping the car awake.

It is important to remember that the car chooses when to put itself to sleep - other things can keep it awake, but cannot put it to sleep.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Nothing you have said makes me think anything unusual going on. The car is a living machine, it will do what it thinks it needs to keep it in a healthy state and in communication with various things such as mother. It sounds like your TeslaFi settings should allow the car to sleep - so long as you see in the logs that the car is at times either alseep or regularly trying to sleep, then something else is keeping the car awake.

It is important to remember that the car chooses when to put itself to sleep - other things can keep it awake, but cannot put it to sleep.
Thanks Vanilla

Like I say, just trying to get used to the TeslaFI UI and make sense of it all.

Main thing is, even in Idle it didn’t lose any power so no massive dramas.

Still can’t figure out the Battery Drain thing though, have the little Ghost symbol on the right for Phantom Drain but I can’t click anything or expand that or investigate it. Am I missing something?