Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car in body shop - just received low battery alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped my X into Tesla SC on Thursday to look at paint defects - they have sent it to the body shop.

Mobile access has been disabled from the app - but I just got a push notification on my phone that battery level is low and to charge it as soon as possible.

Do I need to worry about battery running to zero? Surely that’s bad for it?

Dropped my X into Tesla SC on Thursday to look at paint defects - they have sent it to the body shop.

Mobile access has been disabled from the app - but I just got a push notification on my phone that battery level is low and to charge it as soon as possible.

Do I need to worry about battery running to zero? Surely that’s bad for it?

The biggest problem is if the battery truly goes to Zero, they absolutely will not be able to move the car. How long has it been in the shop? how much longer until they get it back to you? Did you not charge it before dropping it off? Sitting idle a 90% charge should last 60 days anyway, probably more. But there were no time references in your original post.

Very strange that mobile access has been disabled. In all my visits to the SC, they have never disabled mobile access, They do routinely unplug the power from my dash cam, But I have always been able to see where the car is in the shop on the map.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Very strange that mobile access has been disabled. In all my visits to the SC, they have never disabled mobile access, They do routinely unplug the power from my dash cam, But I have always been able to see where the car is in the shop on the map.

It is usually general procedure to disable mobile access while servicing the cars. The techs dont want you randomly honking the horn or locking doors or turning on the heater while they're trying to work on your car.

It is usually general procedure to disable mobile access while servicing the cars. The techs dont want you randomly honking the horn or locking doors or turning on the heater while they're trying to work on your car.

Yup, I get all that. I am always careful to not do anything rude while the car is in the shop. I actually kind of expected them to do that. But so far, they never have. I can tell when the frunk and doors are open, indicating somebody might be actively working on it. But they always unplug the BlackVue

Reactions: Kacey Green
The biggest problem is if the battery truly goes to Zero, they absolutely will not be able to move the car. How long has it been in the shop? how much longer until they get it back to you? Did you not charge it before dropping it off? Sitting idle a 90% charge should last 60 days anyway, probably more. But there were no time references in your original post.

I mentioned in my original post - dropped the car in on Thursday so 3 days ago. Car was at about 65% charge. They didn’t indicate when they would give it back.

They also didn’t give me details of the bodyshop they sent it to so can’t call them. Tried calling the SC service dept but they were already closed. Will try Monday.