Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car in repair shop since July 1st, no ETA on missing part. What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured it is time to ask and seek about other remedies. The at-fault drivers insurance company has been paying for the repairs and my rental since July 1st. The collision repair shop is waiting for a seat belt restraint part, and just today told me they have no ETA on it.

Car is a 2021 Model S Plaid, was just barely 9 months old at the time the 20 year old driver caused the accident.

I am going to seek compensation for diminished value of course, but also for loss of use. But I cannot keep waiting idly anymore. What options do I have against the insurance company to force a total payout equivalent to a total loss so I can completely replace the car?

I'm in a similar situation on my Y.
I figured it is time to ask and seek about other remedies. The at-fault drivers insurance company has been paying for the repairs and my rental since July 1st. The collision repair shop is waiting for a seat belt restraint part, and just today told me they have no ETA on it.

Car is a 2021 Model S Plaid, was just barely 9 months old at the time the 20 year old driver caused the accident.

I am going to seek compensation for diminished value of course, but also for loss of use. But I cannot keep waiting idly anymore. What options do I have against the insurance company to force a total payout equivalent to a total loss so I can completely replace the car?
I'm in a similar situation on my Y. Were you able to successfully get a check for diminished value?

Part came in after I harassed UPS many times and finally got a manager to do something about it. Still haven't gotten my car back, they are doing last checkups and all.

I will let you know how the diminished value recovery process goes. Insurance handler told me they can only start after I have taken possession of the car.

Part came in after I harassed UPS many times and finally got a manager to do something about it. Still haven't gotten my car back, they are doing last checkups and all.

I will let you know how the diminished value recovery process goes. Insurance handler told me they can only start after I have taken possession of the car.
I talked to the shop today and they said to expect delays while they wait on parts. Geico (the other driver's insurance) told me the same thing on diminished value...have to wait until after repairs are done.

Got my car back finally. Have to take it back though because the parking sensors in the front weren't installed right and it is giving me an error message. Oddly enough, doesn't allow auto lane shift on the highway autopilot because of this.

My 2021 (2020 build date so pre-refresh) was declared a total loss 2-3 weeks ago, with only 24k miles on odometer.

My insurer took it for salvage but it was at Conestoga Collision in Pennsylvania since 4/10/23 crash, and is likely still there inasmuch as my insurer is resisting shop’s storage fees.

Attachments

• CA08336C-3F40-49CE-BE75-FDE17C32A262.png
    CA08336C-3F40-49CE-BE75-FDE17C32A262.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike