Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Inaccessible Via App After Some Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled, logged in and out, steering wheel resets, you name it and the only 3rd party app I use is API calls with Siri Shortcuts. My buddy has the same issue as well. It isnt a big deal at the moment because I am either home and in BT range or I’m not so sentry mode is on and the car stays awake but like I said, get in the help chat thing and they will look at it. Worked for me last time this happened. In fact, I’m going to do it right now.

You want it to go into the sleep mode to save energy. It should wake up within 10-20 seconds.
I don't. I wish this was still an option. The 20s startup delay can be frustrating. It wouldn't be such an issue if they queued requests and transmitted them once the car woke up. I miss how it works on my Model S that's always connected and responds instantaneously.

I turned off wifi on my MY. Seems to have helped and haven't had any issues since. My guess is when the car is deep sleeping and connected to wifi it prevents it from waking. But honestly what do I know lol. It hasn't happened since. Plus it prevents the annoying part of Spotify stopping when driving away from the garage and it switches from wifi to LTE.

I turned off wifi on my MY. Seems to have helped and haven't had any issues since. My guess is when the car is deep sleeping and connected to wifi it prevents it from waking. But honestly what do I know lol. It hasn't happened since. Plus it prevents the annoying part of Spotify stopping when driving away from the garage and it switches from wifi to LTE.
I tried that. Didn’t help, sadly.

Ok that’s not good. You still have GPS and other LTE features?
Yup LTE and GPS works. Satellite view was fine as well. My wife's phone had the same issue as well so don't think its specific to just my phone.

I've since cleared cache and reinstalled the app. It couldn't connect for a couple hours. I figured instead of rebooting I would just wait to bring it in to the service center. Somehow it just started connecting again on its own so who knows what's going on at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Yup LTE and GPS works. Satellite view was fine as well. My wife's phone had the same issue as well so don't think its specific to just my phone.

I've since cleared cache and reinstalled the app. It couldn't connect for a couple hours. I figured instead of rebooting I would just wait to bring it in to the service center. Somehow it just started connecting again on its own so who knows what's going on at this point.
Very odd! Glad it’s working now!