Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car insurance recommendation? Denver area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Barry

Aug 9, 2013
Colorado
I've been with State Farm forever. Just got latest renewal and uninsured motorist is up about 12%. And their Covid driving slowdown rebate was lame ($42).

Anyone have another insurance company to recommend?
Not a vet, so USAA isn't an option.
Thanks.

We shopped a bunch and for us Progressive was cheapest for multiple Model S's and home coverage. Even USAA wasn't able to beat their rates and were a distant 2nd with the rest of the pack being quite a bit more expensive than those two for us. It's going to vary from person to person so you'll need to do your own work but I would HIGHLY suggest checking them all out. We were with State Farm forever too but in the end it was pretty obvious that the loyalty only went one direction and ultimately bought us nothing.

Reactions: Barry
I'd recommend an insurance broker, they'll shop your info around for the best rate.

I used Integrity First when we lived in Colorado Springs, I'm sure they'll be able to help you, everything was over the phone/email for me. I ended up going with Safeco via Integrity First. I had great email responses from them, quick and easy. Ask for Trudy she was great.

Integrity First
www.IntegrityFirst.net
Office: 303-597-1667
Fax: 303-597-1667

I'd recommend an insurance broker, they'll shop your info around for the best rate.

I used Integrity First when we lived in Colorado Springs, I'm sure they'll be able to help you, everything was over the phone/email for me. I ended up going with Safeco via Integrity First. I had great email responses from them, quick and easy. Ask for Trudy she was great.

Integrity First
www.IntegrityFirst.net
Office: 303-597-1667
Fax: 303-597-1667

For a fee. I'm out on brokers and agents because you pay (in one form or another) for their service. Then, when you have a claim, they direct you to an 800 # anyway so what's the point of paying higher premiums for services that aren't available when you actually need them? No thanks. I'll just shop for the best coverage at the lowest premiums and let others pay for white glove service that doesn't really net them anything in the end other than higher premiums.

For a fee. I'm out on brokers and agents because you pay (in one form or another) for their service. Then, when you have a claim, they direct you to an 800 # anyway so what's the point of paying higher premiums for services that aren't available when you actually need them? No thanks. I'll just shop for the best coverage at the lowest premiums and let others pay for white glove service that doesn't really net them anything in the end other than higher premiums.

I’ve never experienced any of that. I’ve always been with a legit company, Safeco/Acuity/Allstate. They saved me time, did all the work and in the end I don’t have 7 different companies sending me emails and calling for weeks on end, worth any fee that I’ve also never seen. A fee may be rolled in somewhere but meh, worth it. I shop insurance with my broker every 12 months since there’s no loyalty with insurance companies anymore

Progressive has had some of the best rates for me - but I just moved from AllState to State Farm. Why? AllState’s pricing was black box and kind of high for Tesla; State Farm was very good - but the kicker was the home insurance. State Farm just couldn’t be beat by progressive.

• Informative
Reactions: CO_MY
Progressive has had some of the best rates for me - but I just moved from AllState to State Farm. Why? AllState’s pricing was black box and kind of high for Tesla; State Farm was very good - but the kicker was the home insurance. State Farm just couldn’t be beat by progressive.
Same for me. House insurance was hard to find, since I live in the rural mountains, and State Farm was the best. Progressive doesn't even do houses where I live.

One bonus that I didn't expect was that my State Farm towing insurance covered a flatbed tow from my house 300 miles across the mountains to the Littleton Service Center. Littleton was the "nearest place my car could be serviced" so State Farm arranged for the tow and picked up the cost. Didn't even see a bill. Tesla roadside got me a quote of $1400 for the tow. After that experience I am really happy with State Farm!

So, it's not always who has the lowest car insurance rates when it comes to insurance coverage.