Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car is amazing, and the ubiquitary quirk or two

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the glass roof panels sitting flush?

My two big concerns for us are:
  • Front and rear glass panels not flush resulting in intrusive wind noise/whistle
  • Jacking points damaged

Sorry to hear about the 'egging' - I assume its an egg thrown at the car. Any obvious reason? Any new car, anti electric, anti something else - sounds like you may have been singled out?
Thanks, yeah who knows - I assume it's more to do with an expensive looking 69 plate and jealousy. All my cars in this village have been keyed or egged, but not for about 4 years. Maybe there is someone who feels they need to christen my cars. I really hope it's a one off, as I can't always park outside and the car will sometimes be by itself and an easy target to be keyed.

There are probably just a handful of houses here with expensive cars, I'll have to see if they've had an issues recently, and of course mention to police if it happens again.

I'll take a closer look at the roof panels, thanks. Whistle sounds like air coming in top of windscreen like someone suggested.

If it's quite go asking everyone. Guilt will be clear on the face of anyonr
I have to imagine it's someone I don't see too often. Just a little weird to try and figure out, as they had to pass the car and go home to get an egg. Will never understand some people.
There really are some proper a**holes in this world aren't there. I can't even comprehend why some one would do that. Just morons! Hope it all get cleaned up ok Fraank
Sure are, cheers! Not sure why, but I took a photo of the offending egg shell. Just wish I had access to a forensics lab ;)

I'm going to hopefully sort my brake fluid as per this thread (this forum is fantastic):
New Model 3 brake issue

Rear door I have figured is the sensor that says if door is open or not. Not only does the window pop back up whilst door is open, the car also locks itself - so it clearly doesn't know the door is open. Hopefully an easy fix, but the chrome needs replacing now also...

Heard from a friend in village it's kids driving through egging nice cars. I'm relieved it's not personal. I've got my ring doorbell recording activity now, quite funny to see who stops to look - kids mainly :)
You need to get your bazooka loaded with (rotten) eggs ready for the next time they come through the village...

People never cease to amaze me. I’d certainly suggest you get a USB drive in there to enable Sentry Mode. The images from the recordings are very clear, and if they did roll through in a car I’ll bet you would have caught the registration.

Hi fraank, we require further details regarding the concern you have raised with your Tesla:

1. Could you please provide an image of the rear passenger window
2. Please note that in order to diagnose the noise coming from your Tesla it will require a Technician Demo. With noise-related concerns, we will charge 30 minutes diagnostic which is £72.50 +VAT per concern. Unless the concern not deemed warranty, ie damage or wear and tear. If its deemed warranty the charge won't be applicable. Do you agree to this charge?
Text from Tesla today.

Anyone else had this - charging for a diagnostic roast test malarky? I've told them absolutely not. I've sent them a video of the noise, just 2 hours into ownership.

I think some of us may be in for a bumpy ride with service for the foreseeable future.:(

Btw, my rear door fixed itself yesterday. Just needs the chrome replaced now. I also topped up the brake fluid so the error has gone away.

I also topped up the brake fluid so the error has gone away.

Point out your diagnostic cost to resolve this safety defect. ;) TBH I would insist on them checking the brake system over for an underlying fault (brake fluids should not suddenly drop for no reason even if the reason is that they failed to adequately fill the brake system) which would involve a road test...

Last edited:
This is pretty standard with BMW stealerships....

Had bootlid handle and some other electric fault to be sorted and they charged me 2 diagnostics...

I'd consider things like whistles and glass outside doors to be warranty territory though.
I've generally had a good experience from my local BMW dealership. Only issue I had was once I had it serviced/MOT, when I got back in the car the seat belt wouldn't lock in place but it worked when I pulled up and I assumed it worked when they drove it. I ended up paying for the part, they fitted it for free and gave me a free MOT the following year as they had to keep the car overnight.