Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update failed, car won’t move, got loaner 3 days later, car fixed next day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They now don’t know what it is and even if the sad card has anything to do with it. They said because the car had just under 20% battery when it started (which is wrong) or it had bad wifi which is likely. We will see when the tow picks it up in 10 mins. Also getting 4 new key cards while it’s in there so I’m happy!

They say I can only have a lyft. Excuse me, im not waiting for a lyft and not going in a crappy car when i have a brand new Tesla which should be working

Thanks!

Nope they have some
Simple, rent an equivalent car & take them to court/tribunal for the money back.
In Australia, you’d win in a heartbeat & the Smalls Claims Tribunal costs $25 where lawyers aren’t allowed.

Car went offline sometime Tuesday night. App not working and Tesla could not access it. Car couldn't unlock even with key card and was basically a heavily modified (but really cool looking) brick. Tow truck driver had to take the hook and pry window open, door handle wouldn't release. Then he popped the little cover in front off and jumped it, frunk opened. Then I took off panel for him and he jumped 12v battery. Then car unlocked finally and transport mode wouldn't work, (isn't that amazing!) He jacked car up and put the back wheels on skates and used the hook and towed my poor baby onto the flat bed, inch by inch. At this moment I was almost in tears as I have separation anxiety from that car its so perfect lol. Mind the dirt on the car, I was on a trip for 8 days and thats the longest its gone without a wash. Heres what could happen and cause its stubbornness.
REASON 1:
I'm an idiot and installed an update with <20% battery (18%) and had not perfect wifi signal
REASON 2:
The car was mad at me that I left it for so long without me and it didn't ever want to see me again
REASON 3:
The car is mad that i'm back and doesn't want to be driven like it should be (back tires starting to be worn (4.5/32 around 7k miles)
REASON 4:
An issue with something in the computer that's to complicated for my special mind to handle lol.
REASON 5:
Stuck in between software updates

Probably reason 4 or 5 but, you know, you can always imagine :)

Here is some pics of the car going on flat bed. You can see my Model X sad that her brother is leaving.

IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3139.jpeg
IMG_3143.jpeg

Reactions: ModelX
Car went offline sometime Tuesday night. App not working and Tesla could not access it. Car couldn't unlock even with key card and was basically a heavily modified (but really cool looking) brick. Tow truck driver had to take the hook and pry window open, door handle wouldn't release. Then he popped the little cover in front off and jumped it, frunk opened. Then I took off panel for him and he jumped 12v battery. Then car unlocked finally and transport mode wouldn't work, (isn't that amazing!) He jacked car up and put the back wheels on skates and used the hook and towed my poor baby onto the flat bed, inch by inch. At this moment I was almost in tears as I have separation anxiety from that car its so perfect lol. Mind the dirt on the car, I was on a trip for 8 days and thats the longest its gone without a wash. Heres what could happen and cause its stubbornness.
REASON 1:
I'm an idiot and installed an update with <20% battery (18%) and had not perfect wifi signal
REASON 2:
The car was mad at me that I left it for so long without me and it didn't ever want to see me again
REASON 3:
The car is mad that i'm back and doesn't want to be driven like it should be (back tires starting to be worn (4.5/32 around 7k miles)
REASON 4:
An issue with something in the computer that's to complicated for my special mind to handle lol.
REASON 5:
Stuck in between software updates

Probably reason 4 or 5 but, you know, you can always imagine :)

Here is some pics of the car going on flat bed. You can see my Model X sad that her brother is leaving.

View attachment 324285 View attachment 324286 View attachment 324288

What is up with the random wheels on the front of the tow truck? Are those spare Tesla wheels/tires just ready to go for when folks blow tires?

Also, what did you mean by "had to use a hook to open window"? What do you mean by that? I know of the 12v to pop the frunk trick, but I have not heard of this window trick?

P.S. I assume the Frunk is totally insecure since anyone with a 12v battery laying around can pop it open without a key?