Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car is recording the whole time parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed on the OEM usb stick, the car started to not record dashcam videos but would record the entire time while parked.

Thought stick was on the way out, so put in a Samsung T7 but it’s doing the same thing.

Any thoughts? Both were reformatted as well

Sentry Mode (while parked, locked) can be set to be turned off for Home, Work and Favorites (the locations are set in the Navigation system.) If you don't want Sentry Mode to be active when parked at any random location just tap the Dashcam icon (icon with the red dot at the upper right side of the screen) before you exit the vehicle.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Correct, I have this turned off at home. However, it’ll record the hour I’m at a grocery store for example
If you don't want Sentry Mode to be active while the Tesla Model Y is parked at the grocery store you can tap the Sentry Mode Icon. (The icon is located in the upper right corner of the screen. The red dot will turn grey.) The voice command is "Sentry Mode On/Off."

I think my car is doing the same thing. It should ONLY record when it notices activity around the car. I don't think I even get the notification on the screen that there's been activity recorded.
Sentry Mode recording is continuous. A 10 minute video clip from the recording is saved whenever there is a Sentry Mode event. (Dashcam also records continuously.) The buffer file is overwritten after1 hour. Sentry mode events and Dashcam events are permanently saved.

Thanks for your comments. What threw me off is I’ve had the car a while and previously only noticed sentry as those small events. In this case, I had an hour long sentry clip, but no dashcam file from the drive to that location