TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Car keeps turning on

Discussion in 'Model S' started by JCheney, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JCheney

JCheney New Member

is this user error? I park my car in the garage and leave. I will come back at times where the motor sounds like it’s running but the dash is turned off. I will turn the car on and off but come back later and it’s doing it again. Is this normal?

2. BrettS

BrettS Member

Yes, it’s normal. It’s not the motor, which only runs when the car is moving, but rather fans and/or the AC compressor cooling the battery. It’s more likely to happen as you’re charging, but it can happen at other times as well.

• Like x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Also noted your location... if you have Auto Overtemp protection on, it could be cooling the car from that. Check the temperature inside the car from one of the apps and see how hot it may be getting.

But charging is a more likely cause.

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

afaik, the "motor" on a tesla is silent when operating. what the OP is hearing is a cooling fan.