TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

car left me stranded today :(

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aromasca, Jul 21, 2018.

1. aromasca

aromasca Member

Was in service yesterday for a faulty 12v battery and to replace the steering wheel buttons under warranty, however today as I was pulling iut of a parking lot the front right wheel locked and there was a grinding noise, metal chipping away with every inch the car moved.
    Towed to service and now waiting to see what happens.

Has this happened to anyone?

2. P-town_P85

P-town_P85 Member

Did you already have the steering unit recall done? If not, yes, many of us have had the drive unit bolts fail.

3. aromasca

aromasca Member

I did not have it done yet as they didn’t call me yet to preform the swap after getting the letter. My car was in service twice since getting the letter, so if that is the cause it’s a shame they didn’t replace it.

Is there a thread where others had this brake lock and grinding noise due to the bolts?

4. aromasca

aromasca Member

Got an update this morning from service center, it seems like the wheels have been rotated despite me having staggered wheels. This in turn caused rubbing of the rim against the suspension!

Tesla will replace the rim and tires due to it being a fault of their techs.. should have the car back in a few days.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. PhilDavid

PhilDavid Member

Is there a central database/list of Model S recalls or voluntary fixes? I couldn't find this information in the My Tesla account. Is it there?

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Won’t show on ur account go here and plug in Recall Information

• Informative x 1