Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car lines at school

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be bringing my preschool age sons to school next week.

Just wonder how the people in school are going to find out how to open their doors, since I go out of the car.

How have your experiences been?
Just roll down the window and have your child explain it to them. ;)

It's just for the first couple times, anyway, if they haven't seen one before. It usually the same few people working the line, right?

most people just poke the latch with their pointer finger until the window moves and scare the s*it outta them.
Ya. They poke at the door handle and the door opens. But then they don’t know how to pull the door open. So they poke at the handle again and it activates the latch again! And it goes on for a few times before they figure it out.

most people just poke the latch with their pointer finger until the window moves and scare the s*it outta them.

Funny, that is how I open my car some times (except it doesn't scare me). I use my index finger to poke the latch and then pull open by pressing my finger on the door behind the latch. Once the door pops open, doesn't take much effort to pull open and easy to open using just one finger.

train your child to push the button on the interior when it is time. Saves some effort. I had a hotel valet stand at my door for like three minutes this weekend trying to figure out where to start. (I chose to park my own car). I figure generally people on the outside will figure it out my worry is always the people on the inside who want to pull the handle no matter how many times you tell them to use the button.

I had a teacher say, "I don't know how to open the door." the other day. It's not a big deal. My kid (1st grader) pushes the open door button and the door pops open. I don't have child lock on. The door doesn't open when the car is in motion anyway.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Will be bringing my preschool age sons to school next week.

Just wonder how the people in school are going to find out how to open their doors, since I go out of the car.

How have your experiences been?
Ha. Had this experience last week. The teacher was trying to open the door to let my son in (kindergarten) she gave up saying it was too fancy so he opened it for her. :)

From the inside both my kids took to using the button right away. Kids learn fast, it's old fogies that have problems.