TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car Loan

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SeminoleFSU, Oct 11, 2013.

1. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

Hey guys,
    What's the best deal out there for a car loan? It seems to me that is Alliant Credit Union.... That is, if you don't care about the depreciation "guarantee" you get when going with Wells or US Bank through Tesla... Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something, but Alliant looks hard to beat!

2. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

USAlliance had a good deal last month for 1.99%. Dunno if thats still good or not. They also finance the entire car if thats your cup of tea.

3. LV2SF

LV2SF Member

USAlliance is up to 2.99% but as @brandonmbeard said they finance 100% or up to 120% if you qualify and want to take advantage of cheap money to pay registration, Opti-Coat, Xpel, floor mats, sales tax, blah, blah, blah. Very simple online process and great service from Jon K. Good luck!

4. SamGarber

SamGarber S85 "Whale Shark"

+1 for JonK - if you reach out to him you should have it all done same day.

5. texex91

texex91 Banned

I realize that's for 100%, but 2.99 in today's rates is HIGH!

I paid cash, but if I had taken a loan, my bank was offering around 1.25%.

6. umuhk

umuhk Member

We managed a 60-month 90% loan for 1.89% from Bank of America.

7. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Alliant Credit Union is 1.49% now for up to 95%. I am working with Scott Paulson ([email protected]) He says he has done more than 100 Teslas and is very knowledgeable. He can also help you get set up as a member too.

8. texex91

texex91 Banned

That's more inline--and HALF of 2.99%! 5% down is nothing--that's a good deal.

9. ausdma

ausdma Member

Will be checking out Alliant this coming week.

10. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I received 100% financing from USAlliance in August at a rate of 1.89%. That was a great deal at the time, it's unfortunate that their rates have gone up. I could not get as good a deal from Alliant at the time, they required a minimum 10% down payment and offered a maximum financed amount of $80k because I did not have a credit history of other similar, expensive vehicles. Alliant seems more risk averse than USAlliance.

11. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

This government shutdown stuff is killing me. I'm hearing if there's no deal, we may see an interest rate spike this week. I take delivery 11/26, so I can't lock in a rate for probably 2 more weeks. Arg! :cursing:

12. Dylan

Dylan Member

Lol, interest rates of < 2%. Thats below inflation. I'd be extremely happy if I get <5% here. And I am not in a third world country either.

13. snake9

snake9 New Member

Thx for the heads up