Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Locks After I Open/Close the Trunk

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
I approach my locked car and open the trunk to load it, then close it. When I try to open the driver's door it is locked. Does anyone else have this problem?

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
Further clarification.. I assumed that opening the trunk would also open the car doors. Apprently this is not the case. Wish this was a programmable feature.

SDKoala

Model 3 LR RWD
Apr 11, 2018
San Diego
The ability of the phone key to unlock all the doors when the trunk is opened went away in a previous firmware update around the beginning of the summer. It's a Bluetooth connectivity issue that accounts for being able to open the trunk by grabbing the handle, then not being able to unlock the car doors immediately afterward. I used to have it happen to me multiple times a week.

EVnut

DARΞLL
Mar 24, 2009
Davis, CA
Oddly enough, I've sometimes walked up to the car, and could not operate the trunk release. But I COULD open any of the doors (and after opening a door, the trunk would operate normally). Typically I can open the trunk just fine, and when I can, then the doors are also available to me. I've not had the issue where the doors were locked after opening the trunk.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC