Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Locks at home despite setting to not lock at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To one and all,

I have set my 'Home' location in Navigation using the 'enter your address' process, however despite having the 'Except at home' setting marked it locks my Tesla Y every time. Very annoying when you need to get something out of the car and you don't have your phone with you.

I'd like to set the Home location as the 'Current Location' as I believe what the Navigation system has for my address is at the street or about 150' from my garage.

So far all I've found is the ability to manually enter an address.

Any suggestions to fix this is appreciated.

Many mapping systems interpolate addresses along a road, or at least along segments. If the first address is 10 and the last is 50 then address 30 must be directly in the middle of the segment right? :) Sometimes that doesn't quite work out perfectly. Storing and knowing the position of each house address in the world would take too mush space and would probably be too slow so this type of interpolation is often used.

If you can be at a location and press a button to say "This is the place" then we can directly use the latlong coordinate from the GPS instead of trying to map an address. You'll be much more precisely located.

Upvote 0
We just hit this problem. We had our new (one month old) MY set to Auto-Lock, but had NOT at home CHECKED. It was working well... until recently. Turned out the problem was that the HOME location had been lost. There are two possibilities for what caused it: 1) We had the car in to SERVICE this past Thursday/Friday to get a tow bar installed, and 2) the car's software was updated some time in the past week. The timing of when the HOME location disappeared is unknown, relative to those two events, but those are the only things I can think of that might have caused it. Setting HOME again appears to have fixed the problem. [fingers crossed]

Upvote 0
I add that problem the day after I bought the car. I set my home location at the delivery center so I could play with navigation to get me home. It worked. Next morning I went out and the car was locked even though I set it not to. I double checked all the settings and they looked correct to me. Walked away and the car locked. Deleted and entered my home location again and haven’t had any trouble with that since.

Upvote 0
I add that problem the day after I bought the car. I set my home location at the delivery center so I could play with navigation to get me home. It worked. Next morning I went out and the car was locked even though I set it not to. I double checked all the settings and they looked correct to me. Walked away and the car locked. Deleted and entered my home location again and haven’t had any trouble with that since.
I just deleted home address and re entered, still does the same thing, after like 10 seconds out of car, horn beeps and lights flash, car locked

Upvote 0
I just deleted home address and re entered, still does the same thing, after like 10 seconds out of car, horn beeps and lights flash, car locked
Does your home address appear where your home is on the map?

If your address is not in the correct location on the map you can submit corrections to Google. I had to for my home and the car eventually corrected it.

Upvote 0
I am in the same situation. I have 2 Tesla and both park in garage. If I park my car (doesn't matter which one) on the right, car will lock itself. If I park on the left, car stays unlock. Tried deleting and re-entering home address. Will try change settings around to see.

Upvote 0