Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car maintenance questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you own a Model X that has been driven 50,000 miles or more? If so, how frequently are you experiencing repair issues now?
What do you think of the value of extended warranties from Tesla?
What maintenance schedule are you following? Are you taking your car in for service inspections every 12,500 miles as Tesla suggests or are you following a different schedule?
Are service inspections worth the money?
Thanks.

Do you own a Model X that has been driven 50,000 miles or more? If so, how frequently are you experiencing repair issues now?
What do you think of the value of extended warranties from Tesla?
What maintenance schedule are you following? Are you taking your car in for service inspections every 12,500 miles as Tesla suggests or are you following a different schedule?
Are service inspections worth the money?
Thanks.
I have not had my X that long, but had my S that long and while the S was beyond reliable I am taking the extended warranty on the X - with the FWD, shudder issues and that fact that I spent $150k on a car I plan on keeping a long time the warranty is a great piece of mind.

The first service visit is somewhat unnecessary according to most folks I’ve spoken with, but 2 & 3 are more comprehensive. Also, they will try to up sell you on a brake service during first one - don’t bother. Yes, we use the brakes less...but they don’t need a lube job after a year...

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
I have not had my X that long, but had my S that long and while the S was beyond reliable I am taking the extended warranty on the X - with the FWD, shudder issues and that fact that I spent $150k on a car I plan on keeping a long time the warranty is a great piece of mind.

The first service visit is somewhat unnecessary according to most folks I’ve spoken with, but 2 & 3 are more comprehensive. Also, they will try to up sell you on a brake service during first one - don’t bother. Yes, we use the brakes less...but they don’t need a lube job after a year...

how much is the extended warranty?

Warranty price.png

@GOPJEW
Funny you should mention brake “job”.

My local SC techs were out on training and another backup set were present and they told me I really should do get the “brake cleaning” for $150. So I did since this was about 18 months in. I do about 20k miles a year on my X. FYI: I have the fully extended warranty even prepaid it. When I got my X back, the normal SC tech asked if I requested this brake job and I said it was a $150 upsell. He said I should not been charged and charged me nothing for it. He also said he didn’t like that this other bunch would do such a thing. Not getting brake “cleanings” in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: GOPJEW