Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car manufacturer testing scandals

LongRanger

Jan 11, 2020
Wales
Moderator comment - thread initially spun off from I've ordered an ID.3

I can’t and won’t forgive Volkswagen for treating everyone like fools over diesel and also making a series of rattly, unreliable cars whilst claiming they are a top marque.

Not a single penny more will they receive from me.

Not Saying Tesla great, VW rubbish - just VW rubbish :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

rxlawdude

Jul 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
I can’t and won’t forgive Volkswagen for treating everyone like fools over diesel and also making a series of rattly, unreliable cars whilst claiming they are a top marque.

The proof of the pudding will be after a couple of years of real-world driving, when battery degradation effects can be measured.

ACarneiro

Jun 20, 2019
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK

I was of the same opinion but, regardless of the reason behind it, VW are really the only other company actually embracing electrification.
Diess is betting the company on it, I think, and the internal pressure to maintain the status quo must have been monumental.
They deserve redemption for that, as far as I'm concerned.
Toyota should burn.

Cnixon

Mar 5, 2020
Basingstoke

I bet they have a lower power mode to make the car look like its less 'thirsty'(equivalent term needed!) ...sneaky lot those vw engineers.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
The thing with VW is they includes audi, seat, skoda, lambo, porsche so avoiding them would 50% of the car market.
Just saying.

VW 2019 market share of the UK market was around 15.6%
VW is outsold by Ford.
Audi is outsold by both BMW and Mercedes,
Porsche is outsold by Jaguar.
Skoda and Seat are outsold by Kia, Hyundai and Peugeot.

Doesn't seem British people find them too hard to avoid.

Reviews suggest ID.3 is a good car let down by some software bugs. Shame VW is only bringing the ID.4 to North America, but not a surprise.
(I still wouldn't buy one, I'm with Never-VWers. VAG should have been kicked out of the USA)

Uncle Paul

Nov 1, 2013
Canyon Lake,CA
VW is a tainted company. Credibility was lossed with several scandals.

People will still buy them as they are an industrial powerhouse.

They are probably going to be the largest competition for Tesla.

They have no long term solution for charging outside urban centers.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC