TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car no longer in Tesla App - Delivery Day

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by shanelord, Apr 12, 2018.

1. shanelord

shanelord Member

Hi all,

I took delivery yesterday and car was showing in my Tesla app and all was well. Last night I plugged my car in to charge and thought I'd check the charge rate and I got a message along the lines of "Your car (ID: xxxxxx) is no longer in your account and will be removed". Hit OK and yep, it was gone from the app.

It still shows in MyAccount on the web but no delivery completed message there (I did accept the delivery though when required on delivery day).

I called support and they told me that delivery day I get access via the app etc, but after that for up to 72 hours I get logged out while "paperwork etc" is done by Tesla. I should then get my access back.

Is this standard for everyone? Or are support telling me something that isn't correct?

Thanks,
    Shane.

2. Helmuth

Helmuth Member

Happened to me, too.
    Took a little over 24 hours to get app access again...

• Like x 1
  3. shanelord

shanelord Member

Thankyou. Was a bit unexpected and I don’t recall being told it would happen. Glad it sorts itself out.

Shane.

4. Helmuth

Helmuth Member

I called also. Since nobody mentioned it to me at the delivery...

5. RedMS

RedMS Member

Happened to me as well. It’ll come back

6. RedMS

RedMS Member

Happened to me as well. It’ll come back

7. Bigt6542

Bigt6542 Member

That is so werid, thank you for this heads up. I would have lost it if I did not read this thread and found out it is normal.

8. shanelord

shanelord Member

I’ll be honest I did freak out a little ;)

9. shanelord

shanelord Member

Update: Car is back in my app now and the world is good again :)

• Like x 3
  10. Kbra

Kbra Member

It a come back. If after a day you dont see it try logging out of the app and back in.

11. TMK26

TMK26 Member

I picked my car up yesterday and had access to my car info on the app. This morning I lost access. I searched and found this forum, so I’ll assume I’ll get my access back in a day or two.
    BTW... the car is AWESOME!!

12. Big4Blue

Big4Blue New to the Tesla family. SP100D

Good to know. I pick up my P100D Model S Wednesday.

13. SunnyInSoCal

SunnyInSoCal New Member

Similar thing happened to me. I purchased the car and was able to access the car through App for 3-4 days. Suddenly I started getting "Sign on failed. No car was linked to this account" message on the App. On the PC/Web browser I am able to login, but the account says I need to pay the remaining amount and take delivery of the car, which I already did :) How long does it take Tesla to finish paperwork and App to link to the car?