Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car no longer opening with phone [Samsung Galaxy?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last few days, my car doesnt unlock with my phone...unless I turn the screen on. I dont have to unlock the phone, but I have to press the power button to turn the screen on, car then unlocks. No changes to car settings or phone have been made, its just started doing it and wondered if anyone else had same?

I've mentioned it elsewhere but I've been having wake up problems since an update (40.4 from memory) that has made phone as key useless. Eventually the in car display asks me to tap my card.

I have a service appointment for the 30th to investigate...

Yep, a recent update has made the phone key much less reliable for me. Sometimes it will open if I just stand by the car for a few seconds and wait, other times I have to wake up my phone, although that could just be coincidence that by then I've waited long enough for it to open and fiddling with the phone isn't actually changing anything.

Yep, a recent update has made the phone key much less reliable for me. Sometimes it will open if I just stand by the car for a few seconds and wait, other times I have to wake up my phone, although that could just be coincidence that by then I've waited long enough for it to open and fiddling with the phone isn't actually changing anything.
Thanks I suspected it was related to the last recent update as thats when issue started.

Hmm, mine is an S10, too. Is anyone experiencing this and not using an S10 of some variant?

I have a Blackview on Pie (9) and had exactly the same problem last week. Normally, toggling Bluetooth works but no joy. Restarted the app, re-booted the car, re-paired but nothing. In the end, I had to remove the phone as a key from the car and re-install. So far, it's back to working as normal.

Android, Huawei here - happened a few times from the update for me too. Had to toggle aeroplane mode and that seemed to have done the trick.

I think it was more the phones end rather than the car. Haven't had it happened for a while now though...

• Informative
Reactions: hgmichna
I have s10+. I got M3LR in mid August. Phone in pocket 90% won't open. Take phone out and open cover only (not switch on or fingerprint open) then car will open 100% of time. I thought that was normal.
Interesting, as you've had the issue a lot longer than me on exactly the same phone. Just trying to determine if its something with the phone that has changed or the latest update on the M3.