TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Car no longer waking up from the app/API

Discussion in 'Model S' started by StefanSarzio, Jul 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

Some people in Germany (including me) have the problem that the car is no longer waking up from the sleep state. (Energy saving ON, always connected OFF). This is for about two weeks and not related to firmware updates.

Anyone else outside from Germany having this problem?

2. Nidem

Nidem New Member

Same issue here, I'm locaties in Belgium. I recentst got My car and I'm not sure If this is a setting or not...

A few weeks ago it worked fine.

3. widodh

widodh Model S 85kWh

Happening here as well in NL, same problem. I got a update last night to 2018.X and I hope this fixes it.

Has been working before without any problems for me.

4. culverwood

culverwood Member

I have had the same problem recently.

5. Nidem

Nidem New Member

Did You undertake any action to solve it? I noticed that it only happens when your car is parked for a while without being connected to a charging facility

6. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

Up to about two weeks ago it worked perfectly fine, no matter how long the car was parked. And most of the time I park without plugging in. And now it doesn't work when sleeping and plugged in. Plugged in or not doesn't make any difference to sleep mode.

My SeC says they don't know of any problem and have no other reports than mine. They suggested to log out of the app and log in again. I haven't had the chance to do so, because this night my car didn't sleep because I forgot to revert the changed settings in teslafi.com. Right now it's charging. I will re-try when charging is over.

7. Nidem

Nidem New Member

I turned the "always connected" on in the Energy Saving setting and now it works...

8. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

For me, except for one time, waking up the car with always connected off, has never worked.

I was sort of the impression that it wasn't supposed to work with the this setting, but I gather that car is meant to wake up after a while. This is also the reason I've never escalated the issue with Tesla.

If anyone finds a good explanation for this, please let us know.

9. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

Your car simply stopped sleeping - which results in a higher vampire drain.

@Veritas1980 Yes, if it sleeps then it should wake up within a minute of opening the app. I guess only Tesla can find an explanation - and solution! The more people report the problem the sooner they will get to it, I guess.

10. Banker

Banker Member

same issue here in NL. does not wake up any more when the car is parked for more than 30 min. really annoying. didn't have this problem earlier

11. Banker

Banker Member

signing off and in again does not solve the issue, neither does re-installing the app

12. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

I can confirm. Didn't help for me either. But it seems to be the first thing support wants you to do.

Resulted in me wondering why my calendar doesn't sync any more - and having to find out again how to sync the calendar again and how to de-select the calendars I don't want synced. :-D

13. Banker

Banker Member

called tesla, they advised a factory reset. Didn't work....

14. Banker

Banker Member

They did not have any further tips to solve this. Bye bye app

15. fredz

fredz Member

Same here, it always worked fine, but not anymore. But who says this has nothing to do with firmware? I'm on the latest 2017.28.4 cf44833. Before that it worked fine, but not sure if this is due to firmware. I can also not wake the car using TeslaFi's wake function. So it has nothing to do with the Tesla app, it's something deeper.

16. SG57

SG57 Vendor

I had this issue a few months back, the vehicle would no longer wake up remotely through the APIs.

I fixed this issue in minutes simply resetting both displays in the car - press and hold the scroll wheels for 15+ seconds, then press and hold the buttons above both scroll wheels for 15+ seconds.

17. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio Member

Several people in the German TFF forum do, because they didn't get an update around the time the problem appeared.

18. fredz

fredz Member

Tried this - it doesn't solve the problem...

19. fredz

fredz Member

You have a link to that thread?