Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car no longer waking up from the app/API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem in Spain. When "Always Connected" is Off car can no longer be accessed via the App. App shows "Waking up" but it never connects. This issue wasn't there last month, as back then, the car would wake up in a few seconds even when "Always Connected" was set to Off.

Now the only way to access the car via the App, is to keep "Always Connected" On, which increases battery drain.

Can't really help on this as I keep the "Always Connected" On all the time. I have made the test 2 years ago or so (can't remember which FW version) and didn't see any difference in vampire drain (too much if you ask me anyway). At that time I was already not able to wake up the car if set to OFF (Belgium)

I am also seeing this problem recently. Without "Always Connected" enabled I cannot wake the car from the app.

I am also using TeslaFi to log my car data, so enabling "Always connected" significantly increases battery drain as the car is kept awake all the time.

I wonder if some interaction between TeslaFi (or other loggers) is causing this issue?

Can someone without a logger confirm if they have the waking problem?

I wonder if some interaction between TeslaFi (or other loggers) is causing this issue?

Can someone without a logger confirm if they have the waking problem?

I also use TeslaFi, and I tried to disable it for awhile, but I still had the problem.

You can temporally turn off poling in the TeslaFi settings, if you want to give it a try. If the car is sleeping anyway you won't loose any data.

I also recently noticed that "Always connected" was being auto-enabled every night when my scheduled charging time started.

As I use TeslaFi to log data, this means that the car never goes to sleep and vampire drain is very large.

I hope Tesal fix this issues properly soon.

I also recently noticed that "Always connected" was being auto-enabled every night when my scheduled charging time started.

As I use TeslaFi to log data, this means that the car never goes to sleep and vampire drain is very large.

I hope Tesal fix this issues properly soon.

What firmware version are you on? Mine doesn’t auto-enable anything, but no waking up either. I’m on 2017.32.6 ca28277

Can you try setting it to on? I've read it might be related to that setting and it would be nice to have a verification. It might help when more people send a bug report to Tesla with specific details.

Do you mean off? It is already set to on.
And to be honest, I'm not to crazy about changing it, if it results in me not being able to put the car to sleep anymore.

Have you tried changing yours? If so, any difference between on and off?

Do you mean off?

Sorry - my bad. Reading error. I thought you had it off.

There is a theory that "always connected" will get enabled automatically after some time when the alarm system is on.

Have you tried changing yours? If so, any difference between on and off?

I have my alarm off, because my dog would activate the alarm when left in the car.