Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car no longer waking up from the app/API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some people in Germany (including me) have the problem that the car is no longer waking up from the sleep state. (Energy saving ON, always connected OFF). This is for about two weeks and not related to firmware updates.

Anyone else outside from Germany having this problem?

Up to about two weeks ago it worked perfectly fine, no matter how long the car was parked. And most of the time I park without plugging in. And now it doesn't work when sleeping and plugged in. Plugged in or not doesn't make any difference to sleep mode.

My SeC says they don't know of any problem and have no other reports than mine. They suggested to log out of the app and log in again. I haven't had the chance to do so, because this night my car didn't sleep because I forgot to revert the changed settings in teslafi.com. Right now it's charging. I will re-try when charging is over.

For me, except for one time, waking up the car with always connected off, has never worked.

I was sort of the impression that it wasn't supposed to work with the this setting, but I gather that car is meant to wake up after a while. This is also the reason I've never escalated the issue with Tesla.

If anyone finds a good explanation for this, please let us know.

I turned the "always connected" on in the Energy Saving setting and now it works...

Your car simply stopped sleeping - which results in a higher vampire drain.

@Veritas1980 Yes, if it sleeps then it should wake up within a minute of opening the app. I guess only Tesla can find an explanation - and solution! The more people report the problem the sooner they will get to it, I guess.

signing off and in again does not solve the issue, neither does re-installing the app

I can confirm. Didn't help for me either. But it seems to be the first thing support wants you to do.

Resulted in me wondering why my calendar doesn't sync any more - and having to find out again how to sync the calendar again and how to de-select the calendars I don't want synced. :-D

Same here, it always worked fine, but not anymore. But who says this has nothing to do with firmware? I'm on the latest 2017.28.4 cf44833. Before that it worked fine, but not sure if this is due to firmware. I can also not wake the car using TeslaFi's wake function. So it has nothing to do with the Tesla app, it's something deeper.

I had this issue a few months back, the vehicle would no longer wake up remotely through the APIs.

I fixed this issue in minutes simply resetting both displays in the car - press and hold the scroll wheels for 15+ seconds, then press and hold the buttons above both scroll wheels for 15+ seconds.

I had this issue a few months back, the vehicle would no longer wake up remotely through the APIs.

I fixed this issue in minutes simply resetting both displays in the car - press and hold the scroll wheels for 15+ seconds, then press and hold the buttons above both scroll wheels for 15+ seconds.

Tried this - it doesn't solve the problem...