TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car not picking up phone calls

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by brantse, Nov 13, 2015.

1. brantse

brantse Member

Has anyone else been having any issues with this lately? It appears to have just started since I was recently upgraded to version 2.7.77. Now most of the time the my car's system doesn't connect to calls, when either placing or receiving them. I have tried reconnecting the phone, reestablishing the bluetooth connection, and restarting the touchscreen.

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Which phone and what OS level? iPhones and Android users may offer different POV.

When you say "reconnecting the phone & reestablishing bluetooth", did you completely delete the MS Bluetooth entry for you phone, then delete it completely within your phone, then reboot your phone too? I found working with Support a few days after 7.0 came in, that each of those steps was needed with my iPhone 6 iOS 9.1, along with the reboot of the 17" that I had done numerous times, to resolve odd problems with calls appearing on my 17"/IC that were not really there (was an old missed call from the previous day that kept reappearing only on the MS) and sometimes stayed on the other MS display after acting upon it on the other, media player acting up in multiple ways, etc...

3. brantse

brantse Member

I'm using a Droid Turbo (XT1254) with Android 5.1. No, I didn't delete the phone, just clicked disconnect and then reconnect. Also have not done a phone reboot. I'll try rebooting the phone first to see if that corrects, if not delete and reconnect it to the car.