Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not responding to card or phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BFitz13

Feb 20, 2022
NY
Yesterday I drove my MYP about 100 miles. No issues. Had around 120 miles left of range when I parked.

Two hours later, I went to go out again and my phone nor my card key will open car or wake it up.

The app just keeps spinning in the upper left corner like its trying to connect to car but can't

Anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?

I can't get into the car and I tried to reboot my iPhone 10x. Thank you for your response though!
Try pulling on the door handle first and then using the key. If that doesn’t work it is possible that your 12v battery is dead. You can also try jump starting the 12v battery to gain access.

I had the same problem today for the first time. I went to the store, and when I came out 10 minutes later, the car would not respond to my Android phone or my key card. However, the phone controls worked, so I opened the hatch to store my groceries and opened the driver's door. When I tried to drive, I received an error message screen advising me to tap the key card on the console and step on the brake. However, the car did not recognize the key card inside the car any better than it had outside the car. On the phone menu, Security showed that my phone was "Connecting". I opened Security, and found a suggestion to turn on Airplane Mode and then turn it off. I did so, and the car started responding. It reloaded my USB stick that had been playing, then the voice control "Switch to USB" failed, so I had to unplug and replug the USB drive. I wonder if intermittent phone and card non-recognition may be linked to the USB defect Tesla introduced in a December 2021 firmware update and still hasn't fixed.

Yesterday I drove my MYP about 100 miles. No issues. Had around 120 miles left of range when I parked.

Two hours later, I went to go out again and my phone nor my card key will open car or wake it up.

The app just keeps spinning in the upper left corner like its trying to connect to car but can't

Anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?
I'm having the same issue today, I'm curious what was your fix? I tried jumping it using the 12 volt battery as I saw on Youtube, but no response.