TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Car not road centered on center NAV screen after 2.50.114

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by darker123, Jan 1, 2017.

1. darker123

darker123 Member

Guys I ran into issue that my car not road centered on center NAV screen after 2.50.114 upgrade.
    Please see attached photo. I'M traveling in a center of the street, yet the NAV shows the car position well off center.
    Since the update all of the roads show car "off road center", even the app shows similar output which means car incorrectly reports its positioning to mothership.
    Anyone else noticed same issue? And is it a bug or there is something I can do to fix it?
    Thanks in advance for replies.

not-centered.jpeg

2. Nosken

Nosken Member

You might try going into a parking lot, and driving in a 360° circle. In the old days that was a way to calibrate a GPS. I have no idea if it applies now, but it's worth a try.

3. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I think that was to calibrate a compass.

4. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I've had this when the GPS fix is slightly off. Sometimes a center console reboot will fix the problem and other times it fixes itself later in the day or the next day.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

6. Nosken

Nosken Member

Yes, you are correct. It was my previous vehicle that had compass and Nav. It was for the compass. Thanks.