Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not showing in my Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Tesla on Friday (leased via Zen Auto) and although I have a Tesla account and it is synced with my leased order it’s still not showing in my Tesla account. Does this take time to show or should I follow this up?

Took delivery of my Tesla on Friday (leased via Zen Auto) and although I have a Tesla account and it is synced with my leased order it’s still not showing in my Tesla account. Does this take time to show or should I follow this up?
Got my M3P last weekend leased via SelectCarLeasing and in the same boat. Tesla account created about a month ago but not showing my car.

from what I’ve seen the leasing company need to contact Tesla to link your email address to the car. I’m still waiting

hope you’re enjoying the car

App is fine for me, Tesla account on the web doesn’t show the car, I’m concerned that lease customers won’t have the option for any upgrades when they become available such as premium connectivity once they’ve implemented their payment plan in the UK.

anyone who is leasing and can see their car on the web account, I would be interested to know how you got it linked.

Reactions: JohnA16
App is fine for me, Tesla account on the web doesn’t show the car, I’m concerned that lease customers won’t have the option for any upgrades when they become available such as premium connectivity once they’ve implemented their payment plan in the UK.

I would expect that to be the case, you’d have to go through the lease company for anything which changes the car or needs a contractual agreement involving the car.

I would expect that to be the case, you’d have to go through the lease company for anything which changes the car or needs a contractual agreement involving the car.

True, however a colleague of mine has had is M3 since November and has never been charged for supercharging. I discussed this with Lex and they said they’re not charged anything either and they don’t have the facility to pick up the bill and recharge customers.

It all sounds a bit odd, I completely agree if I wanted to add heated seats or FSD then it should be a contractual agreement but something like paying £10 a month for premium connectivity that can be cancelled at anytime should work in the same way you’re charged for supercharging, whatever that is!

True, however a colleague of mine has had is M3 since November and has never been charged for supercharging. I discussed this with Lex and they said they’re not charged anything either and they don’t have the facility to pick up the bill and recharge customers.

It all sounds a bit odd, I completely agree if I wanted to add heated seats or FSD then it should be a contractual agreement but something like paying £10 a month for premium connectivity that can be cancelled at anytime should work in the same way you’re charged for supercharging, whatever that is!

I tried supercharging yesterday (car delivered on Thursday, Lex Lease) and the cost was taken from my credit card so clearly my referral miles are not linked to my account/car.

I suspect if I had not put my credit card in the account page it might have been “free”.

So despite the car not showing on the account page they must be linked in some way to charge the credit card on the same account page...

Anyway will be contacting Drive Electric again on Monday to get it sorted before I try supercharging again

I also have this problem. Car is leased via Arval.

My car shows in the app but not when online. Tesla say I need to speak with Arval to add premium connectivity etc, yet when I call them, they have not got a clue what I am talking about.

I have been able to Supercharge since day one as my card is linked to the account.

I also have this problem. Car is leased via Arval.

My car shows in the app but not when online. Tesla say I need to speak with Arval to add premium connectivity etc, yet when I call them, they have not got a clue what I am talking about.

I have been able to Supercharge since day one as my card is linked to the account.

Premium connectivity subscription isn’t a thing in the UK yet, only US. You should still have had a premium connectivity trial available from delivery that I believe will continue for free until they put the subscription service in place.

I’m hoping they will enable upgrades through the app and then take payment from the card details on the account but it’s anyone’s guess from a lease perspective, I guess we will have to wait and see how it pans out.

@barry.perfect Thanks for confirming, that’s useful to know, Lex didn’t use a referral on my order as requested so I’ll know to only supercharge when required as my card details are saved down on my account.

I guess I could delete them :cool:

Premium connectivity subscription isn’t a thing in the UK yet, only US. You should still have had a premium connectivity trial available from delivery that I believe will continue for free until they put the subscription service in place.

I’m hoping they will enable upgrades through the app and then take payment from the card details on the account but it’s anyone’s guess from a lease perspective, I guess we will have to wait and see how it pans out.

@barry.perfect Thanks for confirming, that’s useful to know, Lex didn’t use a referral on my order as requested so I’ll know to only supercharge when required as my card details are saved down on my account.

I know I have a referral code as the person who referred me has the miles and that Lex is the recipient in his Tesla account, so no real excuses.

For the time being I have deleted my credit card from my account until the referral is sorted

I had access to Netflix and YouTube without WiFi for 2 weeks after delivery. I didn’t have satellite maps or traffic visualisation though.

After the recent update, I have to use WiFi for the above. Should I have premium connectivity still though?

I had access to Netflix and YouTube without WiFi for 2 weeks after delivery. I didn’t have satellite maps or traffic visualisation though.

After the recent update, I have to use WiFi for the above. Should I have premium connectivity still though?

Im not aware of anyone losing premium connectivity after installing an update although I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

On the map screen there should have been three small icons to the left bottom corner, clicking on them enables/disables the satellite maps and live traffic updates.

I didn’t have it on mine when it was first delivered on Thursday but it appeared yesterday afternoon.

Im not aware of anyone losing premium connectivity after installing an update although I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

On the map screen there should have been three small icons to the left bottom corner, clicking on them enables/disables the satellite maps and live traffic updates.

I didn’t have it on mine when it was first delivered on Thursday but it appeared yesterday afternoon.

I have just gone and checked again to make sure what I am saying is right. I don’t have the 3 small icons. Only the one to display Superchargers in the map.

I always expected to pay to upgrade to premium connectivity, so to have some of the features on delivery day was a bonus, I just don’t understand why everyone seems to be getting the features for free still and not me!

I have just gone and checked again to make sure what I am saying is right. I don’t have the 3 small icons. Only the one to display Superchargers in the map.

I always expected to pay to upgrade to premium connectivity, so to have some of the features on delivery day was a bonus, I just don’t understand why everyone seems to be getting the features for free still and not me!
Hi if you have the Performance you will get 12 months connectivity. You don’t get this with the SR.

This is the response that I got from Tesla when I asked them why my car doesn't appear on the website:

"That is correct, as you are a lease customer the vehicle will not be displayed in the account as the lease company are the registered owners it will only show on the app"

I also went back and asked if that was why I couldn't see the upgrade button in the app and they confirmed that it was. Not ideal really.

This is the response that I got from Tesla when I asked them why my car doesn't appear on the website:

"That is correct, as you are a lease customer the vehicle will not be displayed in the account as the lease company are the registered owners it will only show on the app"

I also went back and asked if that was why I couldn't see the upgrade button in the app and they confirmed that it was. Not ideal really.
This is what I was expecting, make the most of premium connectivity while it lasts and then plan for life without it, strange for Tesla to miss out on funds by excluding lease customers from upgrades.

That's my position too - which I could live with. But now my wife's app is denying all knowledge of the car (even though she uses the same credentials as me) and I can't seem to do anything about it.