Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not shutting down after leaving it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of yesterday, my car decided to stop shutting down when I get out.

Last night I noticed the lights stayed on after I'd been out of the car for perhaps 10 minutes. I'm not 100% sure if it locked, but certainly the lights were on. I went out and couldn't get them to switch off until I did a full hard reset

Then today, my partner took the car to work - a couple of hours later an email went round all staff members to tell the owner of White Tesla, reg number blah blah, that their car was in the car park playing music.

We haven't changed anything about our phones, and the car hasn't done an update for a couple of weeks AFAIK, so I'm somewhat baffled why it's suddenly started happening now.

Has anyone else run into this issue? What was the fix?

As of yesterday, my car decided to stop shutting down when I get out.

Last night I noticed the lights stayed on after I'd been out of the car for perhaps 10 minutes. I'm not 100% sure if it locked, but certainly the lights were on. I went out and couldn't get them to switch off until I did a full hard reset

Then today, my partner took the car to work - a couple of hours later an email went round all staff members to tell the owner of White Tesla, reg number blah blah, that their car was in the car park playing music.

We haven't changed anything about our phones, and the car hasn't done an update for a couple of weeks AFAIK, so I'm somewhat baffled why it's suddenly started happening now.

Has anyone else run into this issue? What was the fix?
Happened to me once a week ago, when I was at the store. As I walked away, it didn't turn off the lights, chirp and fold the mirrors. I just went back and drove home, since I was worried it might be the first sign of a bad 12V battery. Haven't had the issue since.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt