Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Not Sleeping. Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
December 2016 S with full self driving computer always seems to be "Online". Unlike the newer S (December 2019) it shares the garage and wifi with which does sleep. I tried doing a scroll wheel reset and turned the car off and on. Thinking it might be the fob I wrapped both sets of fobs in aluminum foil and put them in a steel container. Still no sleep. Any guesses as to what could be keeping the car Online?

Attachments

• 1sleep.jpg
    1sleep.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 47
Is that a screenshot of the mobile app or the web site? When you launch the mobile app, it will wake up the car. I don't own two Teslas but would assume it wakes up the currently configured car. I assume it's the first one listed... Could it be that the car was sleeping and you woke it up to see if it was sleeping? :)

Is that a screenshot of the mobile app or the web site? When you launch the mobile app, it will wake up the car. I don't own two Teslas but would assume it wakes up the currently configured car. I assume it's the first one listed... Could it be that the car was sleeping and you woke it up to see if it was sleeping? :)
I wondered about that but using the app does not wake up the other car. When looking at that screen I can wake the cars up by touching the cars' images but I'm not doing that.

. Did have Sentry Mode on but turned it off after your suggestion but still not sleeping.
Sentry mode will surely cause it not to sleep. Give it a few more hours.
I did have one issue where the car would always turn in in the morning and run the fan. I could never figure out why. No cabin overheat, no scheduled departure. It was causing excessive drain that I eventually gave up and just factory reset the dang thing. It’s sucks as we had to redo all our settings and I lost my lifetime efficiency “Trip B” stat but it was totally worth it as it how sleeps consistently 23 hours a day (and that one hour or less it does not is pretty consistent and consider it’s normal phone home time.

Reactions: Patrick W
Sentry mode will surely cause it not to sleep. Give it a few more hours.
I did have one issue where the car would always turn in in the morning and run the fan. I could never figure out why. No cabin overheat, no scheduled departure. It was causing excessive drain that I eventually gave up and just factory reset the dang thing. It’s sucks as we had to redo all our settings and I lost my lifetime efficiency “Trip B” stat but it was totally worth it as it how sleeps consistently 23 hours a day (and that one hour or less it does not is pretty consistent and consider it’s normal phone home time.
Actually I gave it a day and a half. Still not sleeping. But also no battery drain that I can see. I will check with the service center about doing the reset. Thanks!